• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

insurance in louisiana??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjsmith

just got all my paperwork and about to go to omv but having hard time finding somone who will insure my deuce any help pointing me towards someone who will without driving restrictions or having to be garage kept would be apreciated

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try State Farm in Jackson. LA. I have 5 and one of my friends has his insured with them.

Crawdaddy

I just got mine insured with State Farm. They didn't give me any issues, other than not having any idea what it was. It looks like they wrote up a "custom" policy because it wasn't recognized in the database. Gave me a pretty good rate too.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both Progressive and State Farm wrote the policies for me as private commercial because of the weight. Progressive was much higher than State Farm for me.

Crawdaddy

I JUST got a call from State Farm. They re-rated my policy on the deuce as a commercial policy because of the weight. That doubled what I was previously paying for it, but it's still less than $500 for 6 months, so I still call it a good price.

I have 5 with Progressive.
MHassett
Bush, LA
My Deuce is with Progressive also, it's a commercial policy, costs about $65 per month, but worth it since I am using it for multiple roles.

LC

ETA: I got a quote from my State Farm agent who has all my other business, but their quote was a good bit more for a 6 month policy. The Progressive policy is annual.

Last edited:

bjsmith

just got quote from state farm for $152 for 6 month 100/300/100 liability and roadside assistance with no restrictions on milage, when i can drive, or having to be in garage. also got lower rates on my 3/4 ton and atv so its all going to them thanks for everyones help

mudmaster

BJ,
Did State Farm write it up as a private commercial policy? I am trying to get a quote from them right now, but my agent says the headquarters has been closed due to the weather.

bjsmith

not real sure i told them i had a 72 am general m35a2 and it has a 23k gvw and told them i just wanted liability that would cover the truck they said they would get back with me few hours later they called back asked if i would be hauling a trailer with it, said no , then they asked what i would be hauling in bed told them just general stuff and it is personal use no comercial use of any kind then they said they would get back with me. about hour later they called back with quote of $25.87 a month also cheaper rates on daily driver and atv which was more than the cost of ins on deuce so i come out cheaper all the way around

Torres70380

not real sure i told them i had a 72 am general m35a2 and it has a 23k gvw and told them i just wanted liability that would cover the truck they said they would get back with me few hours later they called back asked if i would be hauling a trailer with it, said no , then they asked what i would be hauling in bed told them just general stuff and it is personal use no comercial use of any kind then they said they would get back with me. about hour later they called back with quote of $25.87 a month also cheaper rates on daily driver and atv which was more than the cost of ins on deuce so i come out cheaper all the way around
Keep us posted.. I'm wondering if I should go back and talk to my State Farm agent.
I am about to get my policy in the next day or so. I was quoted $79.00 a month.. which is a whole lot less than they wanted to charge me.. It started out about $150.00 a month.

But now $79.00 Month
Bodily Injury & Property Damages 50/100/50
Medical Payments
Comprehensive / Collision with $500.00 Deductible
Uninsured Motor Vehicle Bodily Injury 50/100

bjsmith

Keep us posted.. I'm wondering if I should go back and talk to my State Farm agent.
I am about to get my policy in the next day or so. I was quoted $79.00 a month.. which is a whole lot less than they wanted to charge me.. It started out about $150.00 a month.

But now $79.00 Month
Bodily Injury & Property Damages 50/100/50
Medical Payments
Comprehensive / Collision with $500.00 Deductible
Uninsured Motor Vehicle Bodily Injury 50/100
mine is just 100/300/100 bodily injury and property damages no comprehensive/collision or uninsures motorist

littlebob

My State Farm agent would only write as a commercial policy. I'm about ready to get it on the road and will
check again. I think the pictures scared them. I will put only few miles a year on mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.