• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

insurance in louisiana??

Status
Not open for further replies.
not real sure i told them i had a 72 am general m35a2 and it has a 23k gvw and told them i just wanted liability that would cover the truck they said they would get back with me few hours later they called back asked if i would be hauling a trailer with it, said no , then they asked what i would be hauling in bed told them just general stuff and it is personal use no comercial use of any kind then they said they would get back with me. about hour later they called back with quote of $25.87 a month also cheaper rates on daily driver and atv which was more than the cost of ins on deuce so i come out cheaper all the way around
I couldn't get my agent (who has all my other insurance, BTW) to budge off of a commercial policy. And per my previous post, they would only quote a 6 month policy, which was much higher than what I have with Progressive (which is an annual policy). Don't understand it, I'm in a very rural area.

Sounds to me like the underwriting guidelines are not standardized across LA for State Farm. Sounds like you did good.

LC

bjsmith

didnt get to go till tuesday but now it may change because they are not sure statefarm will accept it the way they wrote it up. now im waiting on them to see if it will change. already went to omv got it registered, the lady was confused on what to do because she never see a goverment title before but now just waiting on title to come in

mudmaster

State Farm said they would write it up as a commercial policy for private use. The policy would be for 50/30 coverage with uninsured motorist. The 6 month quote was $592.62 so I may shop around. I will let you know if I find a cheaper quote.

Anyone have any newer information? I'm seriously thinking of changing carriers, and would love to know what range of premiums I'm looking at.

Feel free to PM me if you like.

Thanks,

Brian
LC

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
insurance

My present auto carrier, liberty mutual, would not touch my new m923 5 ton.

I have other policies with state farm and they said no way with 3 axles and the 23k when I tried. Said I needed commercial policy. Funny that they quoted me on a m931 tractor in Oct that I did not win but now totally non committal, They claim to have spoken to the head guy that does La underwriting for state farm. Would not budge even when threatening to take my 25 year business relationship away. My whole family deals with this agent so she knows it was no idle threat.

Tried Gulfway in Fl. Super nice & easy, 100/300/100 with comp and collision. Agreed value of $10k for the m923. 6000 miles annually, no garage necessary $296 yearly. They get it and it was no hassle. Try speaking to Carol.

In the end it was a waste of time to talk to any other company as Gulfway did me right. They write polices by Traveler's for race car, antique, historical,mv etc, but I think only in the South or certain states.

Good Luck! :driver:

My present auto carrier, liberty mutual, would not touch my new m923 5 ton.

I have other policies with state farm and they said no way with 3 axles and the 23k when I tried. Said I needed commercial policy. Funny that they quoted me on a m931 tractor in Oct that I did not win but now totally non committal, They claim to have spoken to the head guy that does La underwriting for state farm. Would not budge even when threatening to take my 25 year business relationship away. My whole family deals with this agent so she knows it was no idle threat.

Tried Gulfway in Fl. Super nice & easy, 100/300/100 with comp and collision. Agreed value of $10k for the m923. 6000 miles annually, no garage necessary $296 yearly. They get it and it was no hassle. Try speaking to Carol.

In the end it was a waste of time to talk to any other company as Gulfway did me right. They write polices by Traveler's for race car, antique, historical,mv etc, but I think only in the South or certain states.

Good Luck! :driver:
Thanks, Juan, I may just have to go that route. At the moment I'm not happy with Progressive.

LC

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks