• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insurance problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunhog11

tsmall07 said:
I have had no issues with USAA and I highly recommend them!
USAA told me they couldn't isure my 1009 since they had no record of the VIN being a real vehicle. GEICO, I had no problem with at all.

Jake0147

Most (all?) states reserve the authority to "assign" a vin number to a vehicle for various reasons, these are just sequential numbers, they don't fit a vin "system" in any way. All "vin validating" programs have a manual override. The trick is to get a person at the other end who is willing to get into a transaction that might well be manually entered from start to finish.

JohnFire

Just talked to USAA tonight, the guy had a little difficult cause the VIN didn't show up in their system. He found it on carfax as GOV/Postal. It took a little work and he had to manually input it into thier system, which took me having to give him alot of spec info. Also a bit of time on hold. Plus he had to check with his supervisor. I bet it all depends on who you get on the phone.

Melvinitis

Great news... I was traveling for business for a few days, and my new insurance card for the CUCV was waiting when I got home! Apparently I convinced them it was nothing special!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks