• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insurance problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunhog11

tsmall07 said:
I have had no issues with USAA and I highly recommend them!
USAA told me they couldn't isure my 1009 since they had no record of the VIN being a real vehicle. GEICO, I had no problem with at all.

Jake0147

Most (all?) states reserve the authority to "assign" a vin number to a vehicle for various reasons, these are just sequential numbers, they don't fit a vin "system" in any way. All "vin validating" programs have a manual override. The trick is to get a person at the other end who is willing to get into a transaction that might well be manually entered from start to finish.

JohnFire

Just talked to USAA tonight, the guy had a little difficult cause the VIN didn't show up in their system. He found it on carfax as GOV/Postal. It took a little work and he had to manually input it into thier system, which took me having to give him alot of spec info. Also a bit of time on hold. Plus he had to check with his supervisor. I bet it all depends on who you get on the phone.

Melvinitis

Great news... I was traveling for business for a few days, and my new insurance card for the CUCV was waiting when I got home! Apparently I convinced them it was nothing special!

Status
Not open for further replies.