• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insuring a deuce

angeleyezz23fl

I am in the process of purchasing a deuce (cross your fingers for me)! And while extremely excited I have come across the nightmare that insuring it seems to be. I have called several companies and most will not insure it, finally I found one and the quote is considerably higher than I was expecting it to be. Does anyone know of any companies that are flexible on deuce insurance? Is there anything I should know such as categories the vehicle may fall under that would make it less expensive? I am specifically interested in insuring the vehicle out of MA, but I'm willing to go out of state if need be, any suggestions? Thanks!

Coal Cracker

I got a quote from my state farm agent roughly $375.00 per year, liability no limitations,
Hagerty gave me a quote for $30.00 a year, yes $30.00, agreed value and full coverage with limitations of course. Don't be discouraged , just shop around.

jimm1009

insuring your deuce

Gulfway for $145 per year. No limittations no garage requirements.
Won't go above your liability for regular cars though.
I had Taylor for the first year for $48 per year, required a garage, no rear passengers even in parades (why I'm no longer with them) but they did give me 300,000 - 100,000, & 80,000 which is great.
I figure if a drink drive pulls out in front of me he will have to be buried in the vehicle he was driving if I were to run over him.
Others will chime in too. I only have $30,000 - 10,000-7500 now because that is all I can afford for my daily drivers and they won't go higher than my State Farm Daily Driver policy.

Jim

Gulfway for $145 per year. No limittations no garage requirements.
Won't go above your liability for regular cars though.
I had Taylor for the first year for $48 per year, required a garage, no rear passengers even in parades (why I'm no longer with them) but they did give me 300,000 - 100,000, & 80,000 which is great.
I figure if a drink drive pulls out in front of me he will have to be buried in the vehicle he was driving if I were to run over him.
Others will chime in too. I only have $30,000 - 10,000-7500 now because that is all I can afford for my daily drivers and they won't go higher than my State Farm Daily Driver policy.

Jim
thats why i steered clear of them. they wouldnt even let me purchase a ryder for a parade no matter how much. screw em

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gulfway, the customer service and friendliness, is unbeatable. I had JC Taylor and Hagerty before.

Josh

state farm , 402 / 6 months 500/500/250 coverager(max i think), as a 21 yo male with an AT fault wreck on my record. they wouldnt even give me the option for full coverage because the underwriter they said (and i quote), "because we dont know were/how to replace it, and its not worth it to us"

WeBeJeepin

Haggerty. Tell them that it is garage kept and you are in. My antique policy (which already had 3 vehicles on it) increased $17 a year when I added the deuce. My good friend is my agent, but i belive it was all done legit.

bigelk50

state farm , 402 / 6 months 500/500/250 coverager(max i think), as a 21 yo male with an AT fault wreck on my record. they wouldnt even give me the option for full coverage because the underwriter they said (and i quote), "because we dont know were/how to replace it, and its not worth it to us"
No state farm between Salem and where I live will touch anything military. Believe me we have tried.