• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insuring a deuce

angeleyezz23fl

I am in the process of purchasing a deuce (cross your fingers for me)! And while extremely excited I have come across the nightmare that insuring it seems to be. I have called several companies and most will not insure it, finally I found one and the quote is considerably higher than I was expecting it to be. Does anyone know of any companies that are flexible on deuce insurance? Is there anything I should know such as categories the vehicle may fall under that would make it less expensive? I am specifically interested in insuring the vehicle out of MA, but I'm willing to go out of state if need be, any suggestions? Thanks!

Coal Cracker

I got a quote from my state farm agent roughly $375.00 per year, liability no limitations,
Hagerty gave me a quote for $30.00 a year, yes $30.00, agreed value and full coverage with limitations of course. Don't be discouraged , just shop around.

jimm1009

insuring your deuce

Gulfway for $145 per year. No limittations no garage requirements.
Won't go above your liability for regular cars though.
I had Taylor for the first year for $48 per year, required a garage, no rear passengers even in parades (why I'm no longer with them) but they did give me 300,000 - 100,000, & 80,000 which is great.
I figure if a drink drive pulls out in front of me he will have to be buried in the vehicle he was driving if I were to run over him.
Others will chime in too. I only have $30,000 - 10,000-7500 now because that is all I can afford for my daily drivers and they won't go higher than my State Farm Daily Driver policy.

Jim

Gulfway for $145 per year. No limittations no garage requirements.
Won't go above your liability for regular cars though.
I had Taylor for the first year for $48 per year, required a garage, no rear passengers even in parades (why I'm no longer with them) but they did give me 300,000 - 100,000, & 80,000 which is great.
I figure if a drink drive pulls out in front of me he will have to be buried in the vehicle he was driving if I were to run over him.
Others will chime in too. I only have $30,000 - 10,000-7500 now because that is all I can afford for my daily drivers and they won't go higher than my State Farm Daily Driver policy.

Jim
thats why i steered clear of them. they wouldnt even let me purchase a ryder for a parade no matter how much. screw em

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gulfway, the customer service and friendliness, is unbeatable. I had JC Taylor and Hagerty before.

Josh

state farm , 402 / 6 months 500/500/250 coverager(max i think), as a 21 yo male with an AT fault wreck on my record. they wouldnt even give me the option for full coverage because the underwriter they said (and i quote), "because we dont know were/how to replace it, and its not worth it to us"

WeBeJeepin

Haggerty. Tell them that it is garage kept and you are in. My antique policy (which already had 3 vehicles on it) increased $17 a year when I added the deuce. My good friend is my agent, but i belive it was all done legit.

bigelk50

state farm , 402 / 6 months 500/500/250 coverager(max i think), as a 21 yo male with an AT fault wreck on my record. they wouldnt even give me the option for full coverage because the underwriter they said (and i quote), "because we dont know were/how to replace it, and its not worth it to us"
No state farm between Salem and where I live will touch anything military. Believe me we have tried.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks