• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Intank fuel pump

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Intank fuel pump

if you notice any difference when you turn off the switch, you have a leak. trust me on this. air will come in where fuel will not go out. the booster pump is perfectly capable of supplying fuel, but it is pulling from the tank through at least 5 joints, maybe 7.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
jasonjc said:
Ive been drive my M35A2 for years now with a nonworking intank pump. I took one out of a parts truck and have seen no difernce in how the truck runs. 2cents
What I found to be the biggest problem with a non-working in-tank pump is how long I have to crank the truck before it starts. 15-20 seconds w/o a pump. 1-3 seconds with a pump.

As far a driving, I can't say. I haven't had a reliable pump long enough to test this.

jasonjc

Even with out the pump, Mine has never needed more than a bump of the starter to start. 1/4-1/2 of a second maybe,unless its cold and that is only because my bats are weak.

nickd

I purchased a new intank fuel pump from John Murray and have no problems the pump has been installed for 6 months. Stay in contact with John if you are not satisfied. He does not make the pumps and if there is a problem with his supplier he needs to know so he does not use that source again. Lets face it guys, NOS is new OLD stock. Remember some of this stuff has been sitting around on shelves for a few years. I bought an NOS magneto for my mule in a sealed box dated 1965 in 2007. Guess what no spark, we had to open it up and polish the points before it would produce a spark. It still cost $160.00 the spark was priceless.

dmetalmiki

strange how some pumps have an effect and some dont?? Two freinds had complete stop let downs due to in tank pump. I had one after running out of fuel (faulty gauge)..new pump fixed prob. and NON of mine will start withpout the in tank pumps running.

FormerNewMVGuy

If the truck wont run without the intank pump working , Does this mean that the supply pump on the side of the IP is'nt working?

dmetalmiki

PUMP

I dont think thats the case .my montego (diesel car) WILL NOT run if the fuel pump is not working . and non of the FIVE trucks I have will run pumpless iether....(enuf revs? they might?)..but as I said we once had a Ballache fitting (the) spare pump I carry! (as you do!?) at the roadside to re start to get home..and that because I had run low on fuel..as I posted once before...((grind grind trhe round the weld..remove innards CLEAN SAME!..all the bits off the dribe magnets..rebuild (and then) EVER SO CAREFULLY, and 1000000% WELD it up again..now it works fine again..(err did sorta raise the hairs on the kneck first time starting..)..THAT WELD MUST BE GOOD> (do NOT do this at home???!!)

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im all about saving a few bucks, but come on! Cutting open the pump, fixing the problem, and them rewelding it? I hope your a REALLY GOOD welder... Whats more expensive, a new pump, or a new truck because your welding skills werent what you thought they were?????????????????????????????

I'll buy a new pump, thank you....

Heavy Chevy

I have the Olympic Model 558, fuel pump 585A, P/N 10947344, NSN 2910-00-148-1612, 24 volt with the top electric fitting included,. Going up on Ebay, Brand New 100% gaurenteed. I seen Saturn Surplus has been sold out and TJ, Ted's are priced way up there. Going start mine at $50 plus actual shipping cost, I shp next business day after payment clears. 100% positive feedback. Ebay Name Redman1023. If anyone's still looking, give me a hollar or see me on ebay.
Have a good one all.
Regard Chuck

adv789

so just out of curiosity, because i have to order one of these pumps from the same people, how does the pump work? was there any trouble putting it in? and did it pump fuel all the way to the final fuel filter? :p

Jeff Cal

Is this for the M135 in your photo?
If so I have NOS pumps for $85.00 plus shipping.
The M135 at our VFW Post needs lots of TLC, I pulled the fuel pump assy to see why it's not working (has 24V at the connector) and it's fouled with bad fuel. Worst I've ever seen, looks like bearing grease packed in the bottom of the pump assy. If I need a pump, I'll contact you, I just wanted to test this "link" to see if this message board works. I'm new to the forum. Please reply.
Thanks in advance,
Jeff

southdave

GL -Big Box Of CRAP- it listed 5 racor filters in which none were it. But it proving to be a usefulIt looked very similar to to exiting pump but had replacable brushes alittle bigger though it was kind of stop gap repair. As for the wiring it had some funky 3 prong connector on it so I cut off put in line fuse in it added grommet to the opening. works great fuel leaks out the #1 secondry. but now it run really welll on UMO

micmccon

@southdave, 30 psi? I would be careful with that. Stock pump output is 5-7 psi according to the T.M. I read. I'd hate to see you blow a line out in the engine compartment or something and start a fire. Just sayin'.