• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interesting question from the DMV

chgofiveo

I got my SF-97 from GL and decided to go to the DMV and get my title...
At first, the normal questions...
Q: Are you Mike V?
A: Yes

Q: You want it registered in town?

Q: Is this a Military Truck?

Then the topper...

Q: Is it GREEN?
A: :mrgreen: ALL OVER!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

She thought that was cute...I thought it was expensive!!!
Have a great day!

wsucougarx

My DMV gal was pretty close:

DMV: It's a military truck?
Me: Yes
DMV: You can get those?
Me: Uh....yah, that's how I came about being here
DMV: Is it a regular truck?
Me: Uh, 10 tires an engine etc....pretty much a regular truck
DMV: What color do I put down?
Me: Green, black, brown
DMV: Uh I can only put in one color what color is it?
DMV: How about if I put down just green
DMV: Do you plan on driving this truck?
Me: Uh, yah that's why I am here?:roll:

wsucougarx

Then I goto FT Lewis to get base stickers at Waller Hall.
Guy: Ok what can I do for you today
Me: I'd like to get my truck stickered ( I hand him the WA registration)
Guy: Hmm M35A2C, very loudly shouts WTF are you going to do with that thing
Me: Uh drive it:roll::oops:
Guy: You realise those things are very comfortable and get terrible gas mileage?
Guy: Does the truck even run
Me: Uh, that's why I am here
Guy: I don't have a listing for Military Truck in the drop down menu. What kind of truck do I put down?.........okay I guess it's an ATV!! That's what I'll classify it as.
I get the sticker then whispers under his breath
Guy: Hey if you need any parts from the gov't:wink: I know a guy at the dismantling yard. I can get you any part you want free:wink:
Me: (just grabbed my paperwork and left quietly)- Don't need to go to the brig guy:roll:

Last edited:

chgofiveo

Then I goto FT Lewis to get base stickers at Waller Hall.
Guy: Ok what can I do for you today
Me: I'd like to get my truck sticked ( I hand him the WA registration)
Guy: Hmm M35A2C, very loudly shouts WTF are you going to do with that thing
Me: Uh drive it:roll::oops:
Guy: You realise those things are very comfortable and get terrible gas mileage?
Guy: Does the truck even run
Me: Uh, that's why I am here
Guy: I don't have a listing for Military Truck in the drop down menu. What kind of truck do I put down?.........okay I guess it's an ATV!! That's what I'll classify it as.
Guy: Hey if you need any parts from the gov't:wink: I know a guy at the dismantling yard. I can get you any part you want free:wink:
Me: (just grabbed my paperwork and left quietly)- Don't need to go to the brig guy:roll:
EVERYBODY has a GUY!!!!!! :wink:
Sounds like he should have been working at a used car lot!!

Lorax

Every time registering a MV at the DMV (Dept of Military Vehicles?), I only give enough info to answer their questions. Seems none of the clerks know the rules since every time each clerk gives different results. I never know what to expect.

Anyhoo, when registering the 814, going thru the usual back and forth, everything was going fine. Got the title, thanked the clerk, and turned to walk away. While walking away, she yelled to me "good luck with your mystery truck". I just smiled and walked a little faster.

chgofiveo

Every time registering a MV at the DMV (Dept of Military Vehicles?), I only give enough info to answer their questions. Seems none of the clerks know the rules since every time each clerk gives different results. I never know what to expect.

Anyhoo, when registering the 814, going thru the usual back and forth, everything was going fine. Got the title, thanked the clerk, and turned to walk away. While walking away, she yelled to me "good luck with your mystery truck". I just smiled and walked a little faster.
You prob should have ran!!!

:-D

airmech3839

My conversation with the clerk lady went something like this:

DMV: What year Make and Model is you truck?
Me: '66 Jeep

DMV: What kind of jeep?
Me: 6 wheeled kind

DMV: Oh you have one of those!!!! Well I have to find out how to classafy this thing!!
Me: what do you mean one of those???

DMV: You have one of those military trucks right?
Me: You know what it is???

DMV: Oh yes!! We just dont have anyway to really describe it in the system.....is it camo green or tan?
Me:?????camo???? Wow you knew what it was?????

DMV: Oh yes sir!! I know someone who had one a few years back....remember you are in GA!!!
Me: ok Thank you

DMV: have a nice day enjoy your new ride!!

WOW is all I could say after that!! I love the south!!

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Quote:

There is or was a guy like that at memphis equipment - last road trip I stopped in to buy a couple windshields. The guy gave me his phony street handle and a cellphone #- and told me how he could get me anything I wanted real cheap and never mind the greedy b - ards in the office. Ok well maybe they are a little greedy but no more so than anyone else, and I don't think they are b-ards. I do think the "guy" is a crook but I have no proof. I threw away the number to be rid of it.

Hmmm.
When I got my title transferred in Ohio, the woman at the desk said. "A 1971 AM General M35A2. Color, let me guess..." She covered her eyes and said "Camo right?"

Some people do have a sense of humor.

adrianspeeder

Delaware also has a camo color code for their registration and when I did the blazer the girl got excited for me being the first time she was able to select it. Every time I'm in there now she asks if I've gotten another camo truck so she could put in code 32 again.

Adrianspeeder

redcoat54th

Insurance company: Can I help you?
Me: Yes. I need to insure my truck.
Insurance company: What make?
Me: American General.
Insurance company: Model?
Me: M35A2
Insurance company:Whats that?
Me: Big army truck.
Insurance company: What model?
Me: M35A2
Insurance company: I don't have that listed!
Me: Bummer.
Insurance company: what else would you call it?
Me: A deuce and a half.
Insurance company: Not listed!
Me Oh.
Insurance company: I'll forward the paperwork to the main office and they will know what to do. Your insured as of today.
Me: Thank you.

Later that week. Policy from American Family Insurance: American General Hummer.
Now if I can just loose the M35 and claim a Hummer. :p

badgmc56

When DMV asks you what kind of truck it is , tell them it is a flatbed. That is in their drop-down menue. I had to pick that option or I never would have gotten out of there!

Sundance

Since it was an out of state transfer the 20 something cute DMV girl had to accompany me to the parking lot to check the serial number.:-D Well she had to climb in to see the numbers.:wink: She sat there for a moment looking around and then asked for a hand down.:cool:

Said she was really glad she waited on me since she had never been in anything so cool.

Me neither. Made my day...week...year.

todds112

The lady at the office here looked outside, "You're not registering that?!" when I went to get tags for the Pinz. She laughed and we figured out how to list it. Ended up as a SUV because it has seats in the back. They agreed to a valuation of what I paid for it instead of depreciating off the original when new price. Thank goodness.:roll:

wiggall

Quote:

There is or was a guy like that at memphis equipment - last road trip I stopped in to buy a couple windshields. The guy gave me his phony street handle and a cellphone #- and told me how he could get me anything I wanted real cheap and never mind the greedy b - ards in the office. Ok well maybe they are a little greedy but no more so than anyone else, and I don't think they are b-ards. I do think the "guy" is a crook but I have no proof. I threw away the number to be rid of it.
Should have sent the card to Memphis Equipment, and a discription of the guy, and what he told you!

roscoe

Since it was an out of state transfer the 20 something cute DMV girl had to accompany me to the parking lot to check the serial number.:-D Well she had to climb in to see the numbers.:wink: She sat there for a moment looking around and then asked for a hand down.:cool:

Said she was really glad she waited on me since she had never been in anything so cool.

Me neither. Made my day...week...year.
The DMV lady had to do the same for me but she said they weren't allowed to climb in, up on or look under a vehical. Lucky for me she had good eyes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks