• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interior lights and usb chargers

Action

I know I should know this, but could you send a pick and location of "the ground behind the dash?" Every time I see a grounding point I clean and coat it. I may have missed this one. Thanks!
Take 4 screws out of gauge cluster and pull it out of dash. You will find the ground screw up behind the heater cables (if equipped). The bolt is stuck through the firewall with wires attached to both sides. The back side of bolt is reached through open doghouse as someone else mentioned.

papakb

Dash ground point.

HMMWV dash ground.jpg

When I put mine back together I used a long 1/4" stainless setscrew and put a star washer and a nut on both sides. That way I could remove either one by myself without having to have another person to hold the opposite side.

JetbikeAnt

Take 4 screws out of gauge cluster and pull it out of dash. You will find the ground screw up behind the heater cables (if equipped). The bolt is stuck through the firewall with wires attached to both sides. The back side of bolt is reached through open doghouse as someone else mentioned.
Thank you Kind Sir!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks