• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Intermittent starting problem

OL AG '89

My 1009 has developed an intermittent starting problem.... The "wait light" fails to come on every once in a while....... It also flickers on and off while driving down the raod, over bumps mainly.
I have confirmed that when the light is not on the glowplugs are not getting power....

When the light fails to come on I can usually crank a couple pf times and then it works.... but sometimes I find myself just sitting for awhile until the gremlins leave the system.

I have started to trace wires in the engine compartment, but not really sure where to start......

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pull the GP controller card out and clean the contacts with a pencil eraser.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Download the -20 manual and follow the Glowplug troubleshooting section. Paragraph 15, page 2-62.

This will give you a good starting point.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks