• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

International hood on A 915

45 bravo

The 915 cabs look similar in apperance to a 70s early 80s International 4300. How similar/ dissimalar are they? I know Ive seen a 915 with a 4300 visor. But didnt know if modifications were done or not.
My main question is does someone know if a hood off a 4300 International would fit on a 915 Tractor. I am thinking this may make the unit look unique while still maintaining a somewhat original apperance.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With regards to looking unique, it definitely will. With regards to maintaining a somewhat original appearance...I suppose "somewhat" is the key word. If you mean that it would look like a military truck except for the hood, then I suppose it would look "somewhat" original. My question is...why? Is the hood on your truck toast? If so, I understand the desire to use what you've already got. If it is fine, I would just leave it alone and enjoy the truck. My $.02.

45 bravo

Sadly I dont even own a 915. I would really Like to have one for being completly original in MILSPEC form. And being a truckdriver I would like to have one for work. I owned a 62 Kenworth with a butterfly hood. I just dont much care for the butterfly hoods. I like just have something different. But if the economy and my finances dont get any better not to worry. I will be happy if im able to obtain this. Im with you sometimes original is best.

jatonka

You brought up a great point. My 915A1 is a pain to work on, would much rather have a tilt front, I have a friend with a 4300, I will measure it up and see if it's possible. Thank you for your foresite. I'm too old to care about what's correct, I can't climb up and into as good as I used to. JT out

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks