• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

International hood on A 915

45 bravo

The 915 cabs look similar in apperance to a 70s early 80s International 4300. How similar/ dissimalar are they? I know Ive seen a 915 with a 4300 visor. But didnt know if modifications were done or not.
My main question is does someone know if a hood off a 4300 International would fit on a 915 Tractor. I am thinking this may make the unit look unique while still maintaining a somewhat original apperance.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With regards to looking unique, it definitely will. With regards to maintaining a somewhat original appearance...I suppose "somewhat" is the key word. If you mean that it would look like a military truck except for the hood, then I suppose it would look "somewhat" original. My question is...why? Is the hood on your truck toast? If so, I understand the desire to use what you've already got. If it is fine, I would just leave it alone and enjoy the truck. My $.02.

45 bravo

Sadly I dont even own a 915. I would really Like to have one for being completly original in MILSPEC form. And being a truckdriver I would like to have one for work. I owned a 62 Kenworth with a butterfly hood. I just dont much care for the butterfly hoods. I like just have something different. But if the economy and my finances dont get any better not to worry. I will be happy if im able to obtain this. Im with you sometimes original is best.

jatonka

You brought up a great point. My 915A1 is a pain to work on, would much rather have a tilt front, I have a friend with a 4300, I will measure it up and see if it's possible. Thank you for your foresite. I'm too old to care about what's correct, I can't climb up and into as good as I used to. JT out