• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

International Title Service --- A+ SERVICE!

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Re: RE: Re: Did you receive tags and reg./ title from ITS

nattieleather said:
That wouldn't work for me in Ohio....espically if the truck isn't running. In Ohio if you have an out of state title or even the form 97 you have to have the vehicle inspected. Which means driving the vehicle down to the inspection station and having the OHP officer look at it and verify the vin number.
California also requires a VIN inspection for new or out-of-state titles. Here, VINs can be verified by the DMV, or a peace officer, or by a licensed and bonded VIN verifier. These VIN verifiers are kind of like notaries, in that they're licensed by the state as individuals, and often work for companies that need their services such as registration services. I've had my non-running trucks and beat-up trailers inspected right at my property for registration purposes on many occasions. It's not a free service, naturally, but it's generally a lot cheaper than towing a dead deuce to the DMV and back!

Maybe Ohio has a similar option for having your VIN inspections done on your own site?

Jakob

randyscycle said:
Jakob said:
How much did it run you Randy?
It was less than $150 for all the paperwork from ITS. The DMV charges were extra, and I forget what they were now. I think around $70 for the title and tags. I can look it up when I get back in to home next week.
I thought I read on here somewhere that someone paid in the area of $200 to have it done. I was just wondering what it cost you to have the ITS work done. If it's less than $150, I'll probably go ahead and get my deuce licensed. It hasn't been on the roads since I brought it home, officially.

IronViking

I was told it would be 160$ for the state police to inspect my deuce to
get the title. Plus I have to drive all the way across town in the middle of the day
to do it. If possible I would rather sit on my a$$ and pay the x-tra 40$.

nattieleather

Re: RE: Re: Did you receive tags and reg./ title from ITS

nf6x said:
nattieleather said:
That wouldn't work for me in Ohio....espically if the truck isn't running. In Ohio if you have an out of state title or even the form 97 you have to have the vehicle inspected. Which means driving the vehicle down to the inspection station and having the OHP officer look at it and verify the vin number.
California also requires a VIN inspection for new or out-of-state titles. Here, VINs can be verified by the DMV, or a peace officer, or by a licensed and bonded VIN verifier. These VIN verifiers are kind of like notaries, in that they're licensed by the state as individuals, and often work for companies that need their services such as registration services. I've had my non-running trucks and beat-up trailers inspected right at my property for registration purposes on many occasions. It's not a free service, naturally, but it's generally a lot cheaper than towing a dead deuce to the DMV and back!

Maybe Ohio has a similar option for having your VIN inspections done on your own site?
Nope you have to go to their inspection place. They use to do it right at the Title place, but then they stopped doing that. Also in Ohio Titles are issued by the state but the Title Bureaus are run by each seperate county. So in Ohio you have 88 slightly different Title Bureaus.

steelandcanvas

RE: Re: RE: Re: Did you receive tags and reg./ title from IT

Sounds like a very good idea! A little spendy, but then what is your time worth? In Colorado, they want appraisals, VIN inspection, 1/2 a ream of paperwork completed, and a couple hundred dollars to boot. I think I'll be calling these people.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Notice: Thread revision!!!

I found this thread doing a search. Reading all the posts has me wondering:

Is there any state that will give you title, registration and plates without performing an inspection of the truck and using the SF97?

Rick

dm22630

I found this thread doing a search. Reading all the posts has me wondering:

Is there any state that will give you title, registration and plates without performing an inspection of the truck and using the SF97?

Rick

VA wont title with a SF-97.....now GL sends Florida titles to VA residents....or you could just use International Title Service & save lots of hassle/time.

2cents

However, you are out of the country.....what state are you asking about?

rchalmers3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't have a preference for a state. I will use a title service in any state which can provide title, plates and reg without the truck being there.

I would'nt have to use ITS (and pay $200) if I go with the SF97, hence the question.

Rick

Last edited:

pevrs114

Thank you!

I wasn't even worried about titles from an MV standpoint (the ones I'm looking at have titles already) but I have 2 late 40's CJ3A's, one I know DOESN'T have a title, and one I'm not sure yet if it does or not.

And y'all from VA can certainly testify what a PITA it is to deal with DMV with regard to titles. I talked to the DMV investigator himself (few of them around, I talked to him after a case we worked together) and basically the 'official' way is to request a title search, they run the VIN, send letters to any last known title holder, if no response within a certain time, they issue a new title. Abandoned vehicle I think is the term.

However, this is much easier, and apparently much quicker. It's certainly worth the $200 for me.

And now I see it's Virginia tested and approved!

rchalmers3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's the whole scenario: I bought a truck in MD. Should get the paid invoice someday. Meanwhile I'm outa the country till August, and out to the East Coast mid October.

I want to use the time from now till then well and get title, plates and registration. I don't care what state. I just want it legal by the time I get there.

Eventually I'll drive it out to California, where I can have it inspected and titled at my leisure, perhaps in another year.

ITS does a service, but they only get you documents to apply in the state of your choice. So I would use them if no states accepted the SF97, or if I was in a hurry.

Does that clarify things?

Rick

Last edited:

dm22630

With I.T.S., you "sell" the truck to them via bill of sale. They in turn "sell" it back to you via bill of sale & they include an Alabama registration (which is in their name & it is legally registered in Alabama under their name). You then take that bill of sale & alabama registration to the state DMV of your choice & walk out with a title/tags.

It appears to the local DMV that you bought the vehicle from I.T.S. on ebay (or something similar) & they ask ZERO questions.

WELL worth the $$$.

Also....

If you are going to be bringing it to CA, you might want to check on the CDL requirements. CA is the only state that requires a CDL for personal use deuces I believe.

Good Luck!

steelandcanvas

Update: I also used ITS for registering my Deuce in Colorado. I purchased it from a private party with no SF-97, that makes registering difficult to say the least. $200 for their paperwaork and walked out of the DMV with tags and plates.

jrou111

With I.T.S., you "sell" the truck to them via bill of sale. They in turn "sell" it back to you via bill of sale & they include an Alabama registration (which is in their name & it is legally registered in Alabama under their name). You then take that bill of sale & alabama registration to the state DMV of your choice & walk out with a title/tags.
Why can't I just sell my truck to my father in law, and have him sell it back to me? It'd cost alot less than $200.

I'm in Bama. For Pre-74 vehicles no title is necessary, just bill of sale. Unfortunately at the DMV, they won't recognize the bill of sale from GL at legitimate, and it also doesn't show the date of the trucks (thus can't tell if it's pre-74) But if I had a bill of sale from my father in law that included the year, vin, etc then wouldn't that work for alot cheaper?

I mean if all they are doing is that, why pay $200 if I can do the same thing myself?

dm22630

Why can't I just sell my truck to my father in law, and have him sell it back to me? It'd cost alot less than $200.

I'm in Bama. For Pre-74 vehicles no title is necessary, just bill of sale. Unfortunately at the DMV, they won't recognize the bill of sale from GL at legitimate, and it also doesn't show the date of the trucks (thus can't tell if it's pre-74) But if I had a bill of sale from my father in law that included the year, vin, etc then wouldn't that work for alot cheaper?

I mean if all they are doing is that, why pay $200 if I can do the same thing myself?

You can! You are one of the "lucky" ones that live in Alabama! :)

All you need to do is type up a bill of sale from your father in law to you & bring that in......

The rest of us live in the land of %^#*!!& DMVs..... ;)

dm22630

what about M818 's tractors? they ITS say on front page (except tractors) any body get a M818 title from them?

That is reffering to commercial tractors.

No one there or at your local DMV even knows what a 1972 AM General M818 looks like.....they just know it is an old truck that weighs a lot.

This is another one of those situations that it would not be wise to ask questions.

In my opinion...

jrou111

You can! You are one of the "lucky" ones that live in Alabama! :)

All you need to do is type up a bill of sale from your father in law to you & bring that in......

The rest of us live in the land of %^#*!!& DMVs..... ;)
So if that's all they are doing, couldn't I also offer that service? :wink:

txdodge43man

Anyone that used ITS that lives in texas was there any problem at the DMV I have two Duces that need titles. Want should i put down for Body style would it be pick up or cargo for a m35a2

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks