• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

International Title Service --- A+ SERVICE!

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So if I want to sell a deuce that has never been titled yet would I be able to get the paperwork done in the individuals name who is buying the truck thus keeping my name out of it?

dm22630

So if I want to sell a deuce that has never been titled yet would I be able to get the paperwork done in the individuals name who is buying the truck thus keeping my name out of it?

All the trucks I sell have no titles/registration.

I fill out the I.T.S. paperwork for the new buyer & tell them to send it off w/$200. My name NEVER shows up anywhere!

In wonderful VA, if you sell more than 4-5 trucks per year, then you are a "dealer" & they nail you with tons of fees/insurance/etc.

I sell untitled trucks that the DMV doesnt need to know about & wont be registered in VA or anywhere else under my name ever.

SterlingDevelop

In wonderful VA, if you sell more than 4-5 trucks per year, then you are a "dealer" & they nail you with tons of fees/insurance/etc.

I sell untitled trucks that the DMV doesnt need to know about
OK..........................I think they know about it now.

Maybe you're not as "paranoid" as I am.
Just thinking about the guys who posted 'bout their "alternative fuel" vehicles and then got busted for not paying fuel taxes.

I agree with you, though.
The real problem is that they make us jump through hoops and tax us to death at all.
Remember feedom? I remember it vaguely............it was good.:cry:

dm22630

OK..........................I think they know about it now.

Maybe you're not as "paranoid" as I am.
Just thinking about the guys who posted 'bout their "alternative fuel" vehicles and then got busted for not paying fuel taxes.

I agree with you, though.
The real problem is that they make us jump through hoops and tax us to death at all.
Remember feedom? I remember it vaguely............it was good.:cry:
As far as I am concerned they are scrap metal, farm vehicles, or big ATVs....neither of which need to be registered.

IF the people that buy them want to get them on the road, I simply show them how.

steelandcanvas

Why can't I just sell my truck to my father in law, and have him sell it back to me? It'd cost alot less than $200.
I mean if all they are doing is that, why pay $200 if I can do the same thing myself?

Because Colorado required a title. No title would have required a VIN inspection, appraisal, apprisal fee, title bond, title search, milage certification. Personally I think it was a cheap way to go...no time off work, stress, driving all over Denver, etc. Oh, did I mention the 8 pages of paperwork that needs to be filled out?

jrou111

Because Colorado required a title. No title would have required a VIN inspection, appraisal, apprisal fee, title bond, title search, milage certification. Personally I think it was a cheap way to go...no time off work, stress, driving all over Denver, etc. Oh, did I mention the 8 pages of paperwork that needs to be filled out?
I was referring to myself, since I'm in Alabama.

txdodge43man

Well I just wanted to let everyone know that International Title Service worked great for me. I live in Houston Texas I took my paper work that I.T.S. sent me with the right TxDOT Forms that were needed to the court house and had know problem getting the title in my name. Getting the Military Vehicle plates that Texas has was a different problem But I give I.T.S. A++.

drjconley

If I.T.S. is buying the vehicle from me, and then I buy it back wouldn't the dmv hit both I.T.S. and myself with sales tax. I live in California and everytime I take a vehicle to the DMV I pay them almost 8%.

Jim Conley

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I sold a truck to a guy and he had an issue with ITS, well not so much ITS but the MN DMV. MN does not accept the regular forms, I'm just glad ITS called the guy and told him about it before they processed everything. Turns out you have to use the "1993 and older" forms that come with plates. It's a couple more hoops to jump through and an extra $25 but it sounds like it should still work. They require you to have proof of insurance along with the forms. I will keep you posted how it works for him. I guess it is only in the state of MN (lucky me) that the regular forms won't work.

bambambam22

ITS just told me as of Jylu 1st that they can not get titles for AM Generals. Can anyone give me any other options? I also have a deuce in my shop that you cann ot tell what it is, what am I going to do for a title for it? Thanks for any help

dm22630

ITS just told me as of Jylu 1st that they can not get titles for AM Generals. Can anyone give me any other options? I also have a deuce in my shop that you cann ot tell what it is, what am I going to do for a title for it? Thanks for any help

Simply register it as a "Kaiser-Jeep".....they are the EXACT same thing.....only different years. Make sure your VIN # is correct to the dataplate & you will be fine.

2cents

1redgmc

My first (and last!) experience with International Title Service is TERRIBLE

- Submitted ALL required paperwork to ITS in JUNE 2010
- Sent via USPS with delivery confirmation
- Sent USPS Money Order for $485 which is what their current fees are for M35A2!
- Got a call from "Sara" in EARLY JULY asking for some additional info to complete my paperwork
- ITS also requested that I send in a copy of my drivers license (has anyone else had to do this?)
- Got a call in AUGUST from ITS saying paperwork was "BACKED UP" (WTF does that mean? The ITS guy couldn't explain it)
- Called them in SEPTEMBER to ask WTF - same story...
- It is NOW OCTOBER and still NOTHING...

Can't get any answer to phone calls or e-mail and my patience has LONG since worn out. aua

I wouldn't recommend International Title Service to ANYONE!

I want my money and paperwork back and now I can't get these JOKERS to respond!

1redgmc

I presume I was speaking with the owner (should have asked his name) - but here is what he said...

- They WERE using two states prior to this to process titles (Maine and Alabama). These States now do not offer this service any longer... (can anyone confirm this?)

- ME and AL probably figured out the liability associated with this process

- He says they are now using the single State of VERMONT to process the titles... that it is a small office and they roll out something like (400) titles per week.

- He says VT is the ONLY State doing this, and they enjoy huge revenue for it. I guess that could be true...

- He offered to refund my money

- He said my paperwork "should" be back within the next few weeks

- I asked if ALL his customers were experiencing the same THREE PLUS MONTH DELAY?

- He said YES (again, can anyone confirm / validate this?)

- OK, so I am gonna hang on until the end of October (hoping for the best, expecting the worst)

I will provide an update in a few weeks...

I am seeking alternatives in the meantime.

Regardless, I am not endorsing this company for anyone to consider using.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks