• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Internet Explorer users

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
2nd test post different IE8

edited & cannot add a pic, clicking Manage Attachments does nothing.

Well at least I don't get the red x's with firefox..........................

2nd edit using 1st instance of IE8 to add the pic
View attachment 405984
Sounds as though you have popups disabled. The manage attachments is a pop up window.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
tried again with the 2nd IE8
It does come up but takes about 2 minutes

I just keep using Firefox now that IE8 works less & less on here.
Well at least until I can't use Firefox either.........

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I recall in the past that you explained your internet connection was a slower one.

Bob H said:
As I said above old school CRT monitor 19"
800x600 resolution
64 meg NVIDIA graphics card
256k DSL
IE 8 & Firefox 17
I also recall that you've historically had slowness issues accessing the site (which I could easily see that being the case due to the content here [three advertisements, one of which comes from Google])

What I find extremely interesting is your attachments. The first version of IE you have, apparently has some sort of issue as the IE image is missing. (Perhaps missing files for IE, bad registry entries, malware, exc.) Also, I see what looks like McAffey and possibly some other protection program. (Shield with a heartbeat line on it in front of a world) I notice many of the images here are showing red X's. McAfee can certainly cause this, couple that with who knows what else you're running.

Here's a blurb where someone else had the same problem.
https://community.mcafee.com/message/95383

Any software firewall can cause issues visible in your attachments. They also cost overhead which can also slow your system.

o1951

As you can see per post 24, IE9- no issues. I changed wording and changed picture - first picture was a thermostat from my camera, second picture is generator stored on computer.

Last edited:

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
fixed the red x issue.
a setting got changed when I installed Malewarebytes that blocked .png images
(Should I call my ISP and tell then to quit refering to my 256kDSL as high speed ? :rolleyes: )

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
fixed the red x issue.
a setting got changed when I installed Malewarebytes that blocked .png images
(Should I call my ISP and tell then to quit refering to my 256kDSL as high speed ? :rolleyes: )
Glad you were able to fix that.

I would LOL. Unfortunately I'm stuck at 6mb here at the house. I don't think they'll ever upgrade the DSL out here :(

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I feel bad then. A speed test Thursday showed I was getting 91Mbps down and 15.4 up. We are supposed to get 200M.

That was at work, at home I only have 15M down.

:)

Every PC has its own idiosyncrasies due to software revision and security packages.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speed test? Are we having a race?

How do I enter this competition?

oh, I have RoadRunner.

Attachments

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Alright, enough of the "mine's bigger" talk.

Back to the change. Just want to know if IE users see anything different with quick replies and edits. (Attaching photos wasn't the change...)

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just went back to a couple of my old posts and was able to edit without any problems.

I see the different top of the page location for "Reason for Editing" but it seems to work just fine.

Bert

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny, I just started a thread in test, made two posts, went back to edit the first, made changes, entered reason clicked save and nothing happened.

:)

EDIT
I am using IE in the test thread.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drew, In my case it looks like the sandbox feature I have in my Comodo security package is causing problems with IE and the site edit function. I tested it numerous ways and turning off everything else made no difference, only sandbox. Once I turn it off it works every time after that until I close IE enable sandbox and re-open IE. Then it fails every time.

I'm not sure why IE would have a problem with a sandbox program but there is some more info for you.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the problem often. Probably 75% of the time. Drives me nuts. Might even add to my miserable attitude on the forums.

Almost always, after it does not edit(save), I can do it again and it works.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks