Introducing the Soldier B HubHelper!!

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

US6x4

Do you have some pics of the latest 5-ton version in action? Would love to get one, but shipping to the Czech Republic would be killing. Besides, we start work on the drums this week. However, the truck is now at the blacksmith forge workshop of my son, so we should be able to copy some of your ideas for this. Probably mounted on a hand forklift
I'm sorry I don't have any pictures of this one in use since none have been delivered yet, but I will post them up if I get any photos back from customers.

Last edited:

Ajax MD

I used my Soldier B this weekend, and it definitely saved my back and sped up the process. Mounted to my floor jack in moments. I was able to precisely line up the drum to the spindle and just slip it right off (and on again) with zero drama. Much better than looping a strap through the drum and swinging it around. There are probably many ways to skin this particular cat but the Hub Helper is a great way to do it.

Worth every nickle.

TheQuaker

Another successful deployment of my 5-Ton Helper this past weekend.

My front passenger-side axle seal this time around leaking GO all over and needed replacement.

Just as with my front-rear axle seal a couple of months ago, the Hub Helper saved the day again (and my back, fingers, arms...). I cannot say enough about it!!!

IMG_3931.jpg

The Safety Yellow powder coating looks so good and is so bright it even attracted an admirer during the process...

IMG_3951.jpg

US6x4

Thanks for the great feedback guys! I'm glad to hear that it's working so well for others. :)

Did that deer show up just in time for...dinner...?

TheQuaker

Did that deer show up just in time for...dinner...?
I wish...bow season here in MI at the moment. Not a bow hunter so still have to wait a couple of weeks until the 15th for firearm season to open...

She actually showed just as I was finishing buttoning up the axle and getting the 923 ready for a shakedown run to check my handiwork.

She stayed and watched what I was doing for quite awhile until I fired up the Cummins and then she decided it was time for her to go :)

US6x4

Here are a few 2-piece HubHelpers in the white. Note; the mottled appearance is the acid etching from the zinc phosphate bath and that is how I'll send out the bare steel versions. It's a good substrate to paint on. The powder coated versions get the same treatment but they're painted over.
20191105_200147.jpg

The nested 5 ton version kinda looks like a Japanese character...

US6x4

Quick update on the latest batch: all the rings (1 piece or upper piece) have been powder coated and the base pieces should be getting baked on Tuesday or Wednesday and ready to ship by the end of the week.

I'm all sold out of HubHelpers at this time so those that are interested can get signed up for the next batch.

US6x4

These confirmed to work well on the 939(a2) air brake drums, front and rear? Not sure there is any difference as compared to the fluid 809 series drums. I’ll take one if so, don’t cut it up, I can provide a UPS or Fed-Ex account number to ship on. I have a new 24v gear reduction starter or 70a 24v alternator to trade if you’d rather. Either fit 809 series 250 engines which I think you have. Or cash is OK. Please and thanks. We can PM details. I want the yellow one, will look cool hanging on the wall, will tell everybody it is for something different.
74M35A2 - your inbox is full and your HubHelper is ready to ship. I'd like to learn more about your starters so let's talk shop...

77 AMG

Well, my pair of HubHelpers came in yesterday- the 2 piece 5 ton edition and the Deuce edition-
They came in right in time for me to use the 5 ton one, as I have a leaky wheel cylinder to deal with, as well as a pressure plate that decided to check out in rush hour traffic.... the fun just never stops with these trucks, does it? aua

Attachments

Last edited:

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
The 2.5 ton unit arrived courtesy of USPS yesterday. Hoping I don’t “have” to use it (now that it’s getting cold(er)), but: it’s a solid piece of kit! 10/10, would recommend.

Thanks for doing this!

SJ

74M35A2

Sorry, I'm popular. :) not. I have a starter to ship out for another member, I'm over-due on. Then will reach out to you. Thanks.

US6x4

Update: after almost all the units have shipped out and the dust has settled I currently have 2 HubHelpers available that have not been spoken for. I previously thought they were all sold, but I miscounted.

I have (1) 2.5 ton yellow HubHelper and (1) 2-piece 5-ton yellow HubHelper. Please PM me if anyone is interested in either or both of them.