• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Introduction and need a hand please!

WYomer

Got her home and expanded! Tons of room for my girl and I plus the 5 kids! We are already talking about buying a M939 for a hunting rig for her and I.

wcuhillbilly

welcome to the Crack habit... Roaded my 816 from Marble CO (south of glenwood springs) to Northeast Wyo.. (Devils Tower) earplugs are a must...
If your wife is talking about a second green lawn ornament then it sounds like she's a keeper,,,,, I got one too [thumbzup]
Good luck/Welcome to the site, and from the other side of the great Cowboy State.

archmark

Welcome and I know that my recently acquired M934 is a bit of a dog getting up to speed, but once there it'll bury the speedo. Only problem with that is that the gas peddle sticks on something when fully depressed, so I have to reach down, grab it and pull it up to back off the go juice. Finding the problem and getting it solved is next on the "must do" list. It also seems that the tranny might need a little tune up as the shifts don't appear to be "uniform" in length and duration between gears. Anybody go any ideas on "tuning" an Allison auto? Thanks...

Mark

WYomer

If you need a hand with the install, I'm a laborer by trade. And I accept beer as payment
Good thats my method of payment! Nice welcome thank you all. Going from Ogden UT up the mountains into Wyoming she was a pig but made good speed in the rolling hills. I sprayed all the connections with PB blaster yesterday and may start the removal tonight. Does 1,170lbs sound right?

I've gotten offers for $500 and $600 for T-cases as well as an auction for one. The UT and ID places I can get it both want $2500 and are 8 hour drives each way. So far frieght is looking about $500-1100 though. Any ideas how to get one here or Billings MT for less?

WYomer

CSM Davis I'll be calling you soon!

Also open invite if your headed to Yellowstone to camp at my place. I'll have my first hay cut in a week then pasture if needed too.

WYomer

So the new T-case should be here in about a week. I'm pulling the old one this weekend while putting a new fuel pump in the girl's suburban and running the swather. May sheer a couple sheep too....No rest for the wicked I suppose.

Any hints while removing it?

Also I'm going up for a load of wood and got to thinking (dont do it I know!). A deuce or 5 Ton cargo bed would haul some wood. Make it so a guy could camp/fish and cut/haul 3/4 cords a weekend. How much wood would fit and is the deuce shorter than the 5Ton for moving it in/out or would they both need a winch hooked up for 8' sections?