• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Iola, Wis military show

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am heading out on the 9th and have reservations in Stevens Point and will be at the show till Sat night or Sunday, this will be my first time in attendance so needless to say I am very excited to actually partake in this event as opposed to just hearing about it!
KK

cx65083

??? about attending Iola in a MV

I'm sure it's in here somewhere, but I'm having a hard time finding it.

For us newbies thinking of attending Iola and possibly bringing their own MV, what can we expect? How much to get in? Do we need a reservation? etc?

I tried the website, but none of the links worked for me. They all opened up to a page of Gibberish code.

Any help would be appreciated.

mr.oshkosh

I was hoping to make it up there but is does not look like it is going to happen this year. Does anyone have pictures of previous years they would like to share?

Thanks,

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I'm sure it's in here somewhere, but I'm having a hard time finding it.

For us newbies thinking of attending Iola and possibly bringing their own MV, what can we expect? How much to get in? Do we need a reservation? etc?

I tried the website, but none of the links worked for me. They all opened up to a page of Gibberish code.

Any help would be appreciated.
Try this one http://www.iolavms.com/IVMSprogram12.pdf

This is a good link to the program not the kookie links.

I usually set up on K row in the mid40's , it close to the bath room

Last edited:

cx65083

My first MV show

I called Mary this morning. And for those that haven't been there, There is no charge to pull in if your driving a MV and you want to park to 'show it off'.
Come in Gate 3 of Co. J and watch for a bidge out on 49 if you're coming in through Waupaca. Easiest to come in off of Hwy10 she says.
I did not ask about vendor spots or camping...

Hope to see you all there. I'll be driving the dirty, rusted out M813 with the bent bumper ... (Not sure If I'll put the cover on?) Not bringing my 105 trailer as the harness doesn't work for the lights yet.

Attachments

Driven To Build

So for us first time spectators looking to buy a m35a2 is the show open on Friday or Saturday? I see vendor setup on Friday according to the flyer, does that mean it is not open to non participants on Friday? I can only make it there one day.

I have never been up there for the MV show is there many trucks for sale or is it just a parts swap meet?

Chain-Saw

Elm Valley Rd. looks pretty small, I'd be worried about weight limits on the bridges. Expecially since my M923 will be loaded up with "stuff". Think I'll head North on 110/22 out of Weyauwega, and angle over on Cty K to Cty B then Cty J up into Iola.
Here's a pic of where the bridge is out just south of Scandanavia. 49 @ Cty V.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks