• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Iowa

wikallen

There are lots of salvage yards in Iowa. There were a lot of Chevy and GMC trucks built and salvaged.

What kind of parts are you looking for?

Cedar Rapids has a few and top of my head I can think of Sunline and Ks Acres.

As far as finding a specific yard for MVs, none that I know of.

Vet89

Sunline

I went by Sunline, had an errand for work and it was on the way. My goodness the two people I spoke with were rude - I walked out. Do not bother with this place.

A

A/C Cages

Sunline is very well known for being the most rude. I went there once with the inlaws and my mother inlaw told the guy off. Ive never seen her swear before, it was funny.

wikallen

I will check those out Wikallen - are you in CR?

Waterloo

Most bigger city yards I have ever been to are rude. I think the last time I was at Ks, they were fairly friendly. Just get out the phone book and look up automotive salvage. I did that a couple summers ago while looking for a trunk lid for an oldsmobible. While I was out working in different areas, I would stop into yards looking. I never did find one before I sold the car.

wauto

There is a website that lists most junkyards in the USA it's called car-part.com

As far as friendly staff, call Brad at waterloo auto parts 800-728-5207. If he doesn't have it ask him to try and locate the item for you.

I used to manage a small salvage yard and know the BEST in the industry.

Mike

BTW if ya got a bone to pick with sunline PM me and I'll hook ya up with the owner. I don't believe in bashing a company cause they have a bozo ( or two ) at the counter.

35Z-SGM

I experienced a rude yard in El Paso. Seems like the larger yards are into stripping the high dollar parts for shipping overseas and to Heck with the little guy that wants a couple parts. I always search Craig's list for non MV parts and SS and vendors from SS for specific MV parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks