• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Iowa

wikallen

There are lots of salvage yards in Iowa. There were a lot of Chevy and GMC trucks built and salvaged.

What kind of parts are you looking for?

Cedar Rapids has a few and top of my head I can think of Sunline and Ks Acres.

As far as finding a specific yard for MVs, none that I know of.

Vet89

Sunline

I went by Sunline, had an errand for work and it was on the way. My goodness the two people I spoke with were rude - I walked out. Do not bother with this place.

A

A/C Cages

Sunline is very well known for being the most rude. I went there once with the inlaws and my mother inlaw told the guy off. Ive never seen her swear before, it was funny.

wikallen

I will check those out Wikallen - are you in CR?

Waterloo

Most bigger city yards I have ever been to are rude. I think the last time I was at Ks, they were fairly friendly. Just get out the phone book and look up automotive salvage. I did that a couple summers ago while looking for a trunk lid for an oldsmobible. While I was out working in different areas, I would stop into yards looking. I never did find one before I sold the car.

wauto

There is a website that lists most junkyards in the USA it's called car-part.com

As far as friendly staff, call Brad at waterloo auto parts 800-728-5207. If he doesn't have it ask him to try and locate the item for you.

I used to manage a small salvage yard and know the BEST in the industry.

Mike

BTW if ya got a bone to pick with sunline PM me and I'll hook ya up with the owner. I don't believe in bashing a company cause they have a bozo ( or two ) at the counter.

35Z-SGM

I experienced a rude yard in El Paso. Seems like the larger yards are into stripping the high dollar parts for shipping overseas and to Heck with the little guy that wants a couple parts. I always search Craig's list for non MV parts and SS and vendors from SS for specific MV parts.