• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is the M911 Street Legal?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
UPDATE:

The "Ranch Truck" is still living at the ranch. We should have no fear of that beautiful beast wasting away. She remains in very good hands and therefore does not "need saving."

At this point, the widow is dealing with more pressing estate and ranch operation issues, but we've talked a couple of additional times about her loss and in my professional role as "aftercare provider" have discussed MANY things (and even touched upon the M911 topic) .

In the meantime, I have been evaluating my own real ability to give the truck a new and appropriate home. I truely would like to have her for myself, but then reality sets in, then fantasy takes over - My addiction is alive and well:cookoo::driver:

I know that the family of the former owner have, when visiting Mom/Grandma, fired her up and driven her around the place. They enjoy the truck and relive GREAT memories of Dad/Grandpa when they bounce around in it. It's odd how a piece of Military Iron can have a "character" like that.

Anywaze.... I'll keep you posted. Like me, y'all must exercise patience. If anything changes it will be slow but sure.

Thanks for asking for an update.

saddamsnightmare

January 23rd, 2010.

USAFSS-Coldwarrior:

Perhaps the correct term to use would be to obtain the truck for public display as an operating museum artifact. Either way, the family would benefit by donation to an IRS acceptable museum or charity. Owning one of this is akin to the locomotive(s) I've owned, fun to operate, pain to maintain and move.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:grin:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Owning one of this is akin to the locomotive(s) I've owned, fun to operate, pain to maintain and move.
Kyle,
Your comment reminds me of what my wife told me when I bought yet more N-scale model railroad "schtuph".... "If you bring home anymore of those tiny-trian-toys, I'm going to have to CHOO-CHOO!" ("shoot you")

She, of course, was just kidding. But I need to me reminded of my obsessions at times. LOL So she is a wunnerful "help-mate" and partner for me. She's loving the OD addictioin :jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks