• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

is this a M1008 Dana rear axle?

builder77sDad

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi fellows,

I am trying to sell some of Ethan's items, and today am focusing on axles. I think this is a M1008 rear axle. Is it also termed a Dana something? This is an unused axle, still attached to what is left of it's shipping box. Is $600 a good starting price for an eBay auction?

Robert Alexander
Richmond, VA

Attachments

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
That looks to be a Dana 70......take a shot of the diff cover, but I'd bet it's a dana 70, worth a bit more than a GM 14 bolt....

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: photo of codes on differential case

Need a shot of the back, opposite of that shot, on the back of the housing there should be a 70 stamped. Unless someone here can look up the part number. But I'm positive it's a Dana 70

AJMBLAZER

The more I look at it the more I think it's a 14 FF. The peak at the top of the housing looks like a 14FF and those gimundic drum brakes sure look like Big Ugly's.

tsmall07

A shot of the diff cover will clarify, but I think it's a 14 bolt as well. They're not terribly valuable. Generally they'll go for $100, but with the 4.56s and the Detroit, the price should go up to about $300 probably.

AJMBLAZER

To me...my own two cents adjusted for inflation...it's new, never been used, likely in 100% condition AND then it has the 4.56's and a Detroit...it'd be worth more than $300. A rebuild kit and gears alone are worth that much. Last I saw the Detroit was over $400. Just gotta sell it right.

dependable

RE: more photos of rear axle

I recently bought a nos (new old stock) dana 60 from Sam Wiener moters for about 1k including shipping. Considering the truck I got it for needed a rear brake job, and a new differential, I figure it was a good deal.. The new brake drums alone on the thing cost over 600 at an auto parts store. The axel seals on these should be replaced. But they come ready to go including parking brake cables. This is a cucv axel with locker.

AJMBLAZER

Re: RE: more photos of rear axle

dependable said:
I recently bought a nos (new old stock) dana 60 from Sam Wiener moters for about 1k including shipping. Considering the truck I got it for needed a rear brake job, and a new differential, I figure it was a good deal.. The new brake drums alone on the thing cost over 600 at an auto parts store. The axel seals on these should be replaced. But they come ready to go including parking brake cables. This is a cucv axel with locker.
So you bought a Corporate 14 bolt FF then? The Dana 60 is under the front and the 14FF is in the rear. The dually 1028's got a Dana 70 in the rear.

Dodge M880 series did have a Dana 60 in the rear.