• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this price real?

CapePrep

I have been lusting after an LMTV for about a year now. Been watching the usual sites. Today a 1078 went for $18,900!!! Can someone explain this to me??? They may be out of reach for me now.....

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It depends on location and what is on it. The NSN on the windshield comes back to a winch truck even though no pictures were shown of a winch. M1078 W/E W/W. It is a 3116 engine. so nothing special there. Someone who lives 10 miles from there doesn't have to pay the 2 to 4k to ship one across the country but that is alittle high. Unless there was something in the bed that was worth it.
Sorry the 1078 went for 14k.

Last edited:

Third From Texas

And we've seen late model M1078A1's sell for over $25K recently. But as pointed out above, location (it was sold in CA where $117K/yr is "low income"). ;)

But the most expensive M1078 sold today was $8700 out of Vegas. After that came a non-running winch truck from Tx.

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen them posted for $20,000 plus on Craigslist & Facebook market. I too wanted one till I saw what people are asking for them!

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen them posted for $20,000 plus on Craigslist & Facebook market. I too wanted one till I saw what people are asking for them!
Depends on what you’re looking for. I have a 1078 with the higher 290hp engine, 3:07 gears and a rear axle locker. I have it listed @$19.5k and it will take every bit of that to pry it out of my hands. It’s registered and titled. Not just an auction flip.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks