• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this price real?

CapePrep

I have been lusting after an LMTV for about a year now. Been watching the usual sites. Today a 1078 went for $18,900!!! Can someone explain this to me??? They may be out of reach for me now.....

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It depends on location and what is on it. The NSN on the windshield comes back to a winch truck even though no pictures were shown of a winch. M1078 W/E W/W. It is a 3116 engine. so nothing special there. Someone who lives 10 miles from there doesn't have to pay the 2 to 4k to ship one across the country but that is alittle high. Unless there was something in the bed that was worth it.
Sorry the 1078 went for 14k.

Last edited:

Third From Texas

And we've seen late model M1078A1's sell for over $25K recently. But as pointed out above, location (it was sold in CA where $117K/yr is "low income"). ;)

But the most expensive M1078 sold today was $8700 out of Vegas. After that came a non-running winch truck from Tx.

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen them posted for $20,000 plus on Craigslist & Facebook market. I too wanted one till I saw what people are asking for them!

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen them posted for $20,000 plus on Craigslist & Facebook market. I too wanted one till I saw what people are asking for them!
Depends on what you’re looking for. I have a 1078 with the higher 290hp engine, 3:07 gears and a rear axle locker. I have it listed @$19.5k and it will take every bit of that to pry it out of my hands. It’s registered and titled. Not just an auction flip.