• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

is this worth it??

yetti96

FWIW, being a not yet being a Deuce owner. A LDS to me is not worth much for the added power. I will not be being a deuce for speed or power, but for the fun factor and occasional use of capacity. Also a 3 mpg hit is quite a bit too to have that extra "umph". I know these trucks are not bought for mpg but if I plan on driving it to work at least once a week (60 mile round trip/day). I want to be able ot fuel and service it.

Basically what I am getting at is to me a LDT is perfectly fine and a LDS would be marginally better for what I want to do. I would not go out of my way to find a LDS, but if it was in a truck that had everything I wanted and could afford, I would probably still get it but not at much if any premium over a LDT.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it starts and runs so well, and is in really good shape with little rust at all, and really needs 'nothing' it is a lot of truck for the money. Make your best deal, go with cash and make an offer.

WyoDeuce

I have bought GL trucks recently and I think the price is up a bit. I think that $4k for a truck that you can hear run and drive is a fine deal. You get a title right away and know what you are getting. My friend just bought his first GL deuce and it went 115 days to get the euc. 2 more weeks to get it shipped and now he still needs to send off an sf-97 and wait for that. $4k for instant gratification............. go for it!

paulfarber

I'll have to go look at the truck but my father who has been a diesel mech. all his life said it was in really good condition, enough as to just need a little work to be able to go to shows etc. So I'm thinking of offering him 3000 and see where it goes, because to me having a truck that is in good shape and close(2hrs) to me is worth a little extra, but I'm not about to give him more than it's worth.
I love these quotes.. how the heck do you know the condition of an engine by sound or visual? Ok, its not missing a piston but whats the injector look like? Bearing wear? Compression? Short of an oil analysis you know little more about this engine than before you turned it on.

What about brakes? Clutch? Differentials?

No matter what you are gonna sink about a grand into it for PMs.... unless the seller has receipts and a title talk him down to $3k and if all else fails walk away.. its a slightly below average deal.

paulfarber

I forgot about the pics...

ITS A KRYLON REBUILD! RUN! Its a straight GL truck... no title? $2500 final offer. That paint is gonna flake off when the rust under it does to.

Look at the overspray... if the seller doesn't fess up to it then he's hiding even more.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm confused.... GL trucks are now bad/unwanted? But we only pay what GL sales prices are currently? You guys are getting cheap....

Show me a guy on here, that is willing to sell a recent truck they bought from GL, for their winning bid amount.

These trucks are "worth" whatever you are willing to pay to have one.

If you actually need an AWD truck, they are worth a whole lot more!

emr

Actually it is worth what u are willing to pay for it, ... the market is full and these prices reflect that, there are going to be alot of " Boy when i was a kid you could buy one for a few thousand and it ran :)

b money

I love these quotes.. how the heck do you know the condition of an engine by sound or visual? Ok, its not missing a piston but whats the injector look like? Bearing wear? Compression? Short of an oil analysis you know little more about this engine than before you turned it on.

What about brakes? Clutch? Differentials?

No matter what you are gonna sink about a grand into it for PMs.... unless the seller has receipts and a title talk him down to $3k and if all else fails walk away.. its a slightly below average deal.
That is exactly why I would go back and spend ALOT more time looking at it than the 20min my father had before he had to leave. Also if I go back and look at it I plan on asking the guy these questions(of course I will also test drive it, check mileage/hours etc etc):
Is it a gl truck?
Do you have all the needed papers?
What have you done to it since you got it?
Any papers showing what you've done?
Any other big things to either look for or ask the guy?

P.S. I know a guy that worked on these in the army while he was in Iraq, I might see if he wouldn't mind coming along maybe to point out some of the major things he's found in the past that my father(a life long diesel mech) or myself might miss.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know why people are asking if this is a GL truck :?. Of course it's a GL truck. I guess it could have came from GSA or something but I'd say 95% of all deuces came from GL.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with buying a "GL truck". All my trucks have came from GL and I've had good ones and bad ones but that's the case with any Government outlet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks