• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Isolate brakes with line lock

rogersn67

Has anyone ever used a line lock front and bake to isolate the brakes in case of a failure? I was thinking this would work as a limp home measure if one should loose either a front or a rear brake line or cylinder.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Vice grips work VERY well and this is why one should be in the trucks tool box , a line lock is OE for the wreckers

rogersn67

I have done the vice grip thing in the past, I was just thinking that if it was just a wheel cylinder, it would save a ton of work to be able to lock that section off.
I did not know that about the wreckers though.... good stuff!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
In the tm, it states, "not to be used as a parking brake", the reason for this is it is one thing to leave the system pressured for a bit as the wrecker is used, it is another thing to leave it pressured over night or days, the system is not designed for this LONG term pressure

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks