• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Isolate brakes with line lock

rogersn67

Has anyone ever used a line lock front and bake to isolate the brakes in case of a failure? I was thinking this would work as a limp home measure if one should loose either a front or a rear brake line or cylinder.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Vice grips work VERY well and this is why one should be in the trucks tool box , a line lock is OE for the wreckers

rogersn67

I have done the vice grip thing in the past, I was just thinking that if it was just a wheel cylinder, it would save a ton of work to be able to lock that section off.
I did not know that about the wreckers though.... good stuff!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
In the tm, it states, "not to be used as a parking brake", the reason for this is it is one thing to leave the system pressured for a bit as the wrecker is used, it is another thing to leave it pressured over night or days, the system is not designed for this LONG term pressure