• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

springbok

The whole EUC process is standard gov BS. almost 3 months and nothing. I say we press for 25% down until the EUC clears. Maybe that will get their foot out of their asses and make them do their work

HASSON1911

Hitting the 3 month mark on my EUC and starting to get a little tired of the wait. I have had many EUC's clear when I would buy from GL. This is just crazy. At this rate how are they going to be able to hold prices up on buying something you have to wait 3 months for. Don't worry though "They are adding more staff." the gov does not "add staff" very fast so maybe sometime next year we will start to see EUCs clear in a realistic timeframe.

Called and they stated they were told that the EUC turnaround time would not exceed 3 weeks. So if that is in their contract more needs to be done. It would be nice to see nobody bid on anything that needs an EUC until they get it fixed..
I told them this is a major issue that will really start hurting sales and the fact that as a buyer we are putting out a good deal of money that is in limbo for months and they should not require full payment until the EUC clears.
Maybe 25% up front and the rest when your EUC clears.
Not many businesses would last with these practices.
**** at this point I would almost just rather have my money back
I'm with you I'd rather call and ask for money back. This isn't a govt company, just a pvt company with the word govt in their name, you'd think there should be grounds to get it back.

springbok

I never thought that I would find a process that was worse than the DMV. I even have a security clearance so it is a paperwork issue. You can't expect people to wait months to pick up an item they paid for. I bought a Mercedes GWagon from Germany and it took less time to get it shipped and for all the paperwork to clear. Would love to see GP post, buying this item will result in a 3 month wait for it to be released and we are not able to guarantee that it will be in the same shape as when you paid.. Mucking Forons

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
The EUC clog is not on us. Once again GL has a different team of TSC reps approving and they have a quarter of the volume of EUC required items that we do. I get the frustrations, I would be frustrated too. Not much else I can say. Trust me CS get tired of answering the question as well. It has nothing to do with what clearance you have its in the stack with the rest of them and when they get to each one they get to it.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
The average had been 6-8 weeks. I wish we had more info fact is we see exactly what you see and that's it. "pending approval".

tage

I second the down payment. Money making 4-5% in a money market account while you guys are holding on to the full purchase price for a good quarter... They won't do it though, they have a corner of the market, and they're making a **** ton of money. I can tell you how many times I have been lied to by a gov planet rep. Just be happy when your euc clears folks. Btw. Mine had a bent frame. GP started normal wear and tear...

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys are close to making this thread political and will get it closed. Also the language is not appropriate per the rules that have been in place for a long time.

Watch your step.

springbok

What has really p'd me off is seeing people that sent in for their EUC after me getting approved already. So the whole it is where it is in the stack of papers is total BS.
The contract between GP and the gov was a 3 week turn around. Even if it was 4 that would not be bad. 12 weeks is just stupid. Piss off enough people and sales will just stop.
What about the guy that pays 50K for a piece of equipment for his business then has to wait 3 months.
So GL has a different team doing EUCs, guess they were smart enough to make sure the teem was staffed correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks