• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

tage

^^^ exactly. GP should in fact model themselves after GL, but in turn has given both a bad name (product withholding to drive up prices).

Last edited:

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
43 days for my first ever EUC. Bought a transport dolly 2nd week of June, sent EUC June 15, and got clearance notification last Tuesday July 28. Still waiting clearance for the 2 dollies I got from the July 8 auction. Submitted that EUC on 7/10.

HASSON1911

Called 3 times and got transfered 3 times over a span of 90min. all 6 people I talked to i got generic answers, or the other option to default(even though I already paid in full) or to pay them MORE money to relist it and hope it sells for what I have into it. Can't wait for this to clear and I hope it happens before the 20th because I don't need this headache during more medic school.

springbok

I am just wondering at what point to the masses finally get fed up and revolt. If GP is not able to get there S together on a solution to clear EUCs in a realistic timeframe it is just a matter of time. They need to stop with the "It is not our fault" and take ownership. They signed the contract and it is a major fail on their part that they did not have a process in place with the gov to have the resources to clear these things faster, what did they expect would happen when you start putting up 4000 HUMVEEs that people have been waiting to buy for years. We are getting close to the one year mark and they are still not up to speed. If most any other business said hey we are going to sell you something but you will have to wait 3 to god knows when to take delivery, said company would be out of business. If we were told realistic times it would probably have impacted their bottom line.

cantex11

I waited 83 days for mine to clear. I expected right from the start that 5 weeks wasn't going to happen. And really when it comes down to it, I paid $9000 for a running HMMWV. I think I got a smoking deal even with the long wait.

springbok

Cantex, I agree to a point with you as for me it is just a toy. Waiting does suck though. When they first stated it would be about a 3 to 5 week process that was the expectation that was set, being at 13 weeks is just not acceptable even though it is a toy and that my expectation was 3 to 5 weeks. I believe that if it is not corrected it will impact prices... I can see people now going, hey I want a HUMVEE ready for winter but knowing it will be Oct or Nov before they can get it, without a garage to cold to fix whatever it may need. Nope, I will just buy a Unimog or a Rover...

503m715

After about 45 days I called battle creek and asked about the status of my 4 euc's. What a shock they had not received anything from govplanet. I called Govplanet and ripped into them. Funny 6 days later all four euc's cleared. It is amazing how fast they clear when they are actually sent in. What a joke of a company.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
You know were not perfect as a company as I am sure very few are but I can tell you we try. We are human and mistakes are made but I can tell you the backlog they have is in the hundreds and if they keep approving at the rate they are it will be in the thousands in 6 months. So take it for what you will. Our Company is far from a joke and have been doing online auctions for quite sometime with a solid reputation. We aren't sitting in the office figuring out how we can piss you guys off more and were not mindless drones who don't care. We've built our company on Customer Service and have done a pretty good job at it. We talked about the deposit option today and are trying to figure out a way to make it work within our system. It's just not something we have ever done across any of our platforms as we simply have never had a need for it before. Ya'll have a great night!

dk8019

Jwade, I'm glad to hear, and I would agree GP etc, knows what they are doing, you are just being forced to live with a terrible government process. Such is life. Back in the GL days they just disappear down the rabbit hole, and no one complained too much, it was what it was. Now with a bigger selection, and HMMWVs etc, GP is bringing in new customers with different expectations. This is no different than the ATF, before everyone starting SBRing ARs, and buying suppressors the wait on Form 1 and 4s was measured in days, but pushed out to months in short order. Government systems are slow to respond to demand due to the budgetary process. It is what it is, at least these MVs aren't going to the shredders.

tage

I would disagree with GP, the only way you're not a joke is that you're making money hand over first. I feel IP is more customer service orientated, and definitely more knowledgeable. It's kinda annoying with the long waits when you're paying close to retail/wholesale for items. Back in the GL days you were also paying scrap metal prices on the trucks.... Least you're using our feedback.

Tschuess

Gunzy

Got my EUCs in about 3 weeks, but the SF97s are a different story. I have been waiting 5 weeks now for that, called and they said they were "Overwhelmed" with SF97 requests. Well what did they expect when selling only rolling stock? Maybe they should hire more people in that dept.

springbok

So if the backlog is at "hundreds" now and it is taking longer and longer, almost 3 months here even though I have had many EUCs with GL, What is the wait time going to be when it is the thousands that you talk about. How can you expect to keep buyers and hold prices when an item you buy will not be available for 6 or 8 months. (Do the math) If GP and the "tiny staff" of people in the .gov processing your EUCs was not up to the task why are you still dumping so much product that requires them? Oh money that's why. Your business model with items that require an EUC is not sustainable. This is a world of instant gratification now. Email and text messages not write a letter and send it to be read a week later. Buy online and have it at your door in a day or two. As us, the older generation who grew up having to wait for things gets their fill and more and more of the younger people that have never dealt with waiting months to get what they paid for happens, GP will see sales and return customers fall to us bottom feeders that will pay scrap prices for a HUMVEE and not care they have to wait. Someone really did not think this business plan through so well. I am sure anyone from GL is laughing their back side off that the major fail...

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Battle Creek EUC processing previously had to deal with the volumes currently seen back in the deuce dumping days. When the 939 series 5 tons were de-EUC'd, the volume went to a trickle. Thankfully, the gov't did not keep dozens of people sitting around doing nothing. They will have to pick it up. This is not GP being greedy, it is them fulfilling their contract to get rolling stock gone.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I would disagree with GP, the only way you're not a joke is that you're making money hand over first. I feel IP is more customer service orientated, and definitely more knowledgeable. It's kinda annoying with the long waits when you're paying close to retail/wholesale for items. Back in the GL days you were also paying scrap metal prices on the trucks.... Least you're using our feedback.

Tschuess
GP and IP are literally the same company and the same people... My email signature is IP. All of the GP customer service came from IP they literally sit beside each other field calls for both companies. The difference in the companies is one relies on the government and is at their mercy considerably. While IP's sales are already ready to move.

We have to continue to sell quite frankly we have overhead as any company and you guys say on one hand don't sell until the backlog is smaller and on the other hand say hire more staff, find me any company where that works. I will always appreciate feedback both ways. AsI hear we do some things better than GL and they do some things better than us. But I can almost bet the 1st year they did it wasn't the best experience either. From what I hear more often than not the last years they did it weren't always that much fun either. As far as pricing goes the buyer will always dictate ESPECIALLY in an auction format. As for closer to retail pricing the only thing we have done is market better and find a larger audience. Oh by the way all that does is grow the MV hobby which I have seen concerns on many posts prior about it shrinking. Once again I really do appreciate all the comments, there is always things that go on that I can't share as we work to improve. I appreciate you guys letting me have a voice here! I truly do...

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Got my EUCs in about 3 weeks, but the SF97s are a different story. I have been waiting 5 weeks now for that, called and they said they were "Overwhelmed" with SF97 requests. Well what did they expect when selling only rolling stock? Maybe they should hire more people in that dept.
It was running pretty smooth until the HMMWV's came in to play and everyone from the past auctions requested one. We are catching up on those I stayed until 7PM last night printing reassignment letters...

springbok

JWade, I think that the best thing that GP could do now to help is to reset expectations. Not all buyers come here and if you call the "average EUC approval process is 3 to 5 weeks"

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
JWade, I think that the best thing that GP could do now to help is to reset expectations. Not all buyers come here and if you call the "average EUC approval process is 3 to 5 weeks"
I absolutely agree. I sent this thread to our customer service manager to let him know what people are being told. I at times get frustrated listening to them and I don't have my money tied up.

Last edited:

jake-cutter

The two times I called to check on my EUC, Justin and Ashley explained the process and gave very accurate info. In fact Justin's timeframe was spot on. Its not GP, its the gov agency causing the issue.

Now I would like to know the lead time on the SF97 and notarized bill of sale once the EUC is done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks