• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have an effective monopoly. If we had multiple companies with access to sell them I strongly suspect that resolving these issues would be a higher priority.

Marketing consists of setting expectations, the higher the better for sales. Customer service consists of meeting expectations. These two groups work at cross purposes, with marketing making promises that are unrealistic. In a perfect world Upper management sets directives that keep marketing in check only promising what the company can actually deliver. Without the negative feedback loop of customers going elsewhere, there's less incentive to reign in undeliverable promises.

Customer service is a high burnout, high turnover segment. The people you lose first are the people who feel personally accountable to the customer...

As a customer the only reasonable attitude to take when government approval is involved is to complete your portion of the paperwork, and then when the approval is complete, it's complete and a nice surprise. Anything else will kill you from stress.

springbok

In the end it is not GP that is holding up the EUCs they seem to get them off to TSC pretty fast. That has now put them in the middle of a bad situation. That said corrective actions need to be taken by GP to either inform people of the issue, stop selling items that need an EUC until the backlog clears or force the TSC to step it up, the last being like pushing a rock up a hill with a wet rope. I know I sure would not want to work answering phones at GP right now.
I suggested they publish a phone number at Battle Creek so people can bug them but that would just result in the staff answering calls and not processing EUCs or worse, when you call they just put it on the bottom of the pile.
Telling people that what they are bidding on and paying, sometimes 10/20K for will not be available for them to get would be a major sales killer so that is not going to help much either.
As bad as it sounds the option we have is sit and wait. Oh and single malt scotch, that is a must.

HASSON1911

You don't think eliminating 299 EUC's per event wouldn't speed things up ?
I can remember threads where EUC's took over 9 months back with the flood of deuces and then the hold for radiation in the gauges. You could spend 4 times as much and have tomorrow from a dealer, it's all part of dealing directly with the government through their contractor.
If I know the government like I do.... No.

springbok

Hope they get things worked out before the "Fall HUMVEE sale" nothing says good business like having such an issue with EUCs and SF-97s and dumping 300 in one week. Brilliant.

springbok

Buyers yes but they will end up being 300 more pissed off buyers and the prices sure will not be what they were last time. The statement was geared towards the fact that they can't come close to keeping up with approving EUCs and in a brilliant move they plan to dump 300 in a week. Just goes to show they really don't care how long it takes and how upset people get as long as the money keeps coming in.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Buyers yes but they will end up being 300 more pissed off buyers and the prices sure will not be what they were last time. The statement was geared towards the fact that they can't come close to keeping up with approving EUCs and in a brilliant move they plan to dump 300 in a week. Just goes to show they really don't care how long it takes and how upset people get as long as the money keeps coming in.
Gl did the same thing with deuces and some people waited close to a year for their EUC this nothing new .

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And not everyone expects the EUC process to be fast or easy. Out of those 300, you may have a few dissatisfied but probably not many. At this point the EUC is a known problem and should be anticipated...

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have not had a problem with EUC's, 10 days to three weeks. however SF97 are a different matter. Currently 5 1/2 months and waiting on two of them. I'm not bidding again until the problem is solved.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have not had a problem with EUC's, 10 days to three weeks. however SF97 are a different matter. Currently 5 1/2 months and waiting on two of them. I'm not bidding again until the problem is solved.

Makes for lower prices for the rest of us :)

The SF97 lag just gives me more time to go through the truck and repaint it, then when the paperwork is ready to go, the truck is also ready to go. Then people have a choice of rolling the dice on an unknown auction truck with a wait for paperwork, or my truck that they can test drive with no paperwork lag.

You'll note that even the people complaining the loudest in this thread tacitly agree that a private sale truck with paperwork ready to go is worth a bit of a premium - note their asking prices compared to similar auction trucks. If GP's paperwork experience was fast and streamlined there wouldn't be this disparity in pricing.

springbok

I agree that the prices would go up a good deal if you know you would have all your paperwork in a reasonable time. If I was worried about having to title mine I would not mind a few weeks after I got it to do the prep work before getting the title and going out to play.
Having to wait months for your truck (EUC) and months for the SF-97 is hurting prices. With a ratio of about 100 in and as with this week less than twenty approved dumping 300 in one week is going to crush wait times. They said the current issue started with them selling the first 300, so why do it again??
If you see, the non runners and lower end runners are not bringing close to what they did a few months ago even with the addition of getting a title. I was thinking about getting a third but I really don't want to have 10k + tied up for months and months. Rather wait till the issues are worked out and it is a faster process or they go to COD like GL did.

sully199

Exactly, prior to bidding, I called to find out the process and how long on average it takes for each step. These people are surprised that goverment employees lack motivation, 97% of govt employees don't give a flying hump and are just counting down till their retirement. Never read so many grown men whining like chicks, that were probably in the military at one time. SMH

deoppressoliber

Purchase made 5/17 Approved 8/18 on the road today however:
Batteries are now both completely dead after sitting additional 3 months ...Just a Heads up make sure your transporter can load a no start if it was running when you purchased just in case no one available at the base has access to use a 24 v jumper otherwise its not moving till the next appointment date available or your transporter is prepared for the event. Good Luck to all whom purchased

fnpurist

Another day, another week to wait.
It's getting old fast. If I was told the truth the first 2 times, I wouldn't be as pissed but I also wouldn't have made the purchase. 10k is not chump change to me and having it tied up over twice the expected wait time makes me see red

springbok

But hey. Dumping 300 in one week will make it all better. It's all about the money. GP does not care how fast you get approved they don't have to pay the 75% to the gov until the unit is picked up. So if it is 3 months they have your money they make a bit off it as well at the 10% processing fee. They are not worried about "clearing lots" they just car about sell sell sell. Had I been told 3 months I would have expected 3 months but I was told 3-4 weeks. They got me.

Mrs. Chief

The TSC Office in Battle Creek is a very small office consisting of "tax payers" like yourselves. The TSC office not only provides the TSC Assessments for Iron Planet, but also Government Liquidations, GSA, the Firefighter Forest Service Program, Defense Contract Management Agency and many others.

The 45 days listed in the Iron Planet contract is their standard that they work to provide. The 45 days is actually calendar days from the date that the "Administratively Correct" EUC is received in the TSC Office. That means that it doesn't have to be returned for clarification from the bidder on physical address, incorrect SSN, and many other issues. This all slows the process.

And yes I know for a fact that the staff has been working on Sundays, Saturdays too. The first time buyers can expect up to 60 days to get their Assessment Processed. For previously assessed buyers the process is streamlined and can take a week or two to process.

Have patience,

Just a military spouse.

kojo0513

Finally got my M998 yesterday. Spoke with GP today about my SF97 and they said its printed. Apparently mine is coming with a Florida title that I didn't know I also bought ($50) so I don't know what to think about that. GP Customer Service guy didn't seem too enthused to be speaking with me. He stated that my SF97 would be "Expedited" whatever that means.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks