• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

buckroseau

Generally how long does it take for you to get approved after your EUC status has change to, "Submitted to TSC, pending approval"?

Not bitching, just curious as to what others have endured.

Thanks, Matt

ExUSAF

So it took me two years to save up for the military Hummer and now it's going on 5 months and nothing ??

So should I be mad ?? No ... I have been ripped off... because I have lost 12,000 dollars in cash yea.. However all I am hearing is this:

"But listen"

"just wait a little longer" ..

"you will get it"

"they are really backed up"

"we the government are slow"

"have patience"

"Don't worry we will help you"..

Look I am a mechanic and I feel that it I stole a car from a customer for 5 months I would be in prison by now as it's a felony to steel more than $ 100.

I gave 12,000. dollars for a ex-military truck (hummer m-998) to GovPlanet and NO TRUCK ?? I feel I have been a victim of a theft by GovPlanet..

No answers from them .. they say " Just wait a little longer" theft by deception is still theft !! I want my money back or the Hummer !! enough time !!

I will see if any thing happens ( if I will get the Hummer or my money ).. I can't afford an attorney.. so It will be GAO as they investigate fraud in the

government.. The system is either broken or a deceitful system, they collect money with NO WARNING any where !! They should have warning place on

the GovPlanet web sight, that by the time you get the military hummer it is rusted and not representative of what you have bought..

I quit calling GovPlanet as I am at a loss.. mad you bet !!

They will get one more month and then I will try to get a refund to get back my hard earned income back.. !!!

Any suggestions would be welcome that are constructive and pissing contests of how long "you have" waited is really as distraction..

Al..

infidel got me

wait

Al,
That was a really good post-made a lot of sense, but we are not dealing with your average business, its the government. So in a world of unicorns and butterflies your Humvee would be hand delivered and sitting in your yard right now. Does it suck- YES - do they care -NO It doesn't look like things are going to change, so we have two choices----- expect a five to six month wait or don't buy from THE ALL MIGHTY GOVERNMENT PLANET. I agree with you 100%, but it just seems that there is not much we, as mere mortals, can do about it. The system is broke, but it seems that there is not enough bubble gum or duct tape to fix it! :evil:

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Al,
That was a really good post-made a lot of sense, but we are not dealing with your average business, its the government. So in a world of unicorns and butterflies your Humvee would be hand delivered and sitting in your yard right now. Does it suck- YES - do they care -NO It doesn't look like things are going to change, so we have two choices----- expect a five to six month wait or don't buy from THE ALL MIGHTY GOVERNMENT PLANET. I agree with you 100%, but it just seems that there is not much we, as mere mortals, can do about it. The system is broke, but it seems that there is not enough bubble gum or duct tape to fix it! :evil:
Option 3 ; Buy retail from someone who was willing to wait 4 to 7 months for the government to do the background checks on the buyer. Of course the seller is going to want a premium price for tying his money and dealing with the government paper work , he will also have to keep records of who it was sold to and inform them of the EUC and OFF-ROAD restrictions . But for this premium price you get instant gratification and your new toy without a wait.

Bobert

I checked my account and it said I should have picked up my humvee by yesterday 3/17 and that Iron clad protection had expired and storage charges may apply. :naner:

I would go get it today but my EUC status is on "EUC Sent". Also it is from the 3/2/16 sale and theres no release code. So I dont think it's done yet.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I checked my account and it said I should have picked up my humvee by yesterday 3/17 and that Iron clad protection had expired and storage charges may apply. :naner:

I would go get it today but my EUC status is on "EUC Sent". Also it is from the 3/2/16 sale and theres no release code. So I dont think it's done yet.
The system is automated and doesn't take into effect the EUC so you won't be charged storage and the IronClad Assurance will be dated from pickup.

ExUSAF

Thanks for the reply as I have almost given up on any form of resolution..

I can't afford a 20 year old truck for 18,000. dollars that is just the supply and demand for the Hummers as

most civilian trucks are now in the 35,000.dollar range new .. and up further if diesel...

I have sold my Kaiser M-715 that I had for 20 years.. last October to get money to buy the hummer and make up the

difference.. Still it is an expensive hobby as I did all my work, as the truck was 1967 and was not safe to drive

feeling that it was better to get a safer truck was a good choice for me ..

I live in Denver and the mountains are here very close.. I always has a military truck since I was in the service..

It's the pride of being in the group that gives you close bond to all ex-military men and women.. It's as conversation

starter as we are all social creatures..

Al...

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Thanks for the reply as I have almost given up on any form of resolution..

I can't afford a 20 year old truck for 18,000. dollars that is just the supply and demand for the Hummers as

most civilian trucks are now in the 35,000.dollar range new .. and up further if diesel...

I have sold my Kaiser M-715 that I had for 20 years.. last October to get money to buy the hummer and make up the

difference.. Still it is an expensive hobby as I did all my work, as the truck was 1967 and was not safe to drive

feeling that it was better to get a safer truck was a good choice for me ..

I live in Denver and the mountains are here very close.. I always has a military truck since I was in the service..

It's the pride of being in the group that gives you close bond to all ex-military men and women.. It's as conversation

starter as we are all social creatures..

Al...
I'll get it figured out Al.

buckroseau

My sale date was 1/13/16. I was told 10 to 12 weeks. Doesn't mean I'm happy with that amount of time. But, I will wait and see if my EUC clears within that time frame before I loose my patience.

I do agree that Govplanet should post this some where up front. I'm sure a lot of people are shell shocked when they learn the time frame after the sale.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks