• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

vettman84

Having dealt with these kind of issues before in the commercial space, IMO, would help their cause if more status was communicated automatically to the people waiting on the EUCs... since the military is unlikely to solve the problem, it occurs to me that if the GP/IP system knows how many people went out for EUC, and it also knows how many people got cleared for an EUC - I mean you must have that data right - then the GP/IP website could surface the relative position of any given EUC approximately. Just take the number outstanding and sort by date. For bonus points you also could give a little info about how many cleared last week - no need to forecast even just provide an actual - so people could see oh I am #67 of 197 and last week they cleared 12.

You could also go back and calculate the rolling average time over 6 or 12 months... I think the majority of buyers are willing to wait, and mostly we are reasonable people who can understand the military does this on the side and they are understaffed for it, but, people are people and it's the silence that is maddening.

And we found the analyst! Throw in some nice year over year stats to show the slowdown for holidays etc.... :)

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Having dealt with these kind of issues before in the commercial space, IMO, would help their cause if more status was communicated automatically to the people waiting on the EUCs... since the military is unlikely to solve the problem, it occurs to me that if the GP/IP system knows how many people went out for EUC, and it also knows how many people got cleared for an EUC - I mean you must have that data right - then the GP/IP website could surface the relative position of any given EUC approximately. Just take the number outstanding and sort by date. For bonus points you also could give a little info about how many cleared last week - no need to forecast even just provide an actual - so people could see oh I am #67 of 197 and last week they cleared 12.

You could also go back and calculate the rolling average time over 6 or 12 months... I think the majority of buyers are willing to wait, and mostly we are reasonable people who can understand the military does this on the side and they are understaffed for it, but, people are people and it's the silence that is maddening.
This is one of those situations where it is easier said than done. When it goes to verification pending it's not going to change for awhile and there is nothing to update. There are too many variables on the TSC side as to when an EUC gets approved to say you are blank on the list its going to likely be this long. We have tried it at times when people call in and when it doesn't happen in the timeframe who do you think gets yelled at? So in reality we get yelled at either way. If we can figure out a way to accurately communicate then we will.

Last edited:

aleigh

This is one of those situations where it is easier said than done. When it goes to verification pending it's not going to change for awhile and there is nothing to update. There are too many variables on the TSC side as to when an EUC gets approved to say you are blank on the list its going to likely be this long. We have tried it at times when people call in and when it doesn't happen in the timeframe who do you think gets yelled at? So in reality we get yelled at either way. If we can figure out a way to accurately communicate then we will.
This is why I very carefully did not recommend forecasting. Only reporting actuals. I'm sure you guys know, right now, exactly how many and which orders you have out in an EUC pending status. And if you sort those by date, that is the queue. Then if my order is #120 out of 370, tell me that on the website. That's it. No more no less.

The interesting status isn't what happens to MY order. We know there are no updates between it going out and coming back. What is interesting is the relative position of my order related to the other orders you have sent in the past which are also still pending. By looking at the actual overall flow of EUCs you can gain insight into the relative position of my order.

Last edited:

Fate3d

Well the problem I see is every new auctions with EUC's and the buyers are re-sellers or flippers they push you down the list. The first time EUC buyers really get the shaft. Was told that by a person on the phone. They should focus on getting us done then they will be caught up. Then sell more. But, you know it just comes down to money. Just tell them to put a hold on re-sellers and get the first timers done so we can move on lol.

Last edited:

amgeneral72

Mine was sent on 4/19 as well & still waiting.

I do know someone that sent a EUC in after me and got approved in 20 days. His first with Gov. Planet.
How does that happen?
Over 3 months since purchase and still waiting

Someone I know here has had 2 EUC's now approved since I purchased mine.

Of course I believe this is his 10th HMMWV from GOV. Planet

Last edited:

drivebymashing

Im just joking about the young part. I was quoting another member said the same thing about being young wanting it right then and now. There isnt a sf97 waiting forever forum. I know its an EUC forum I apologize for whining in the wrong forum.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Testy feller it really doesn't matter euc sf97 it's still where we come to b------
And let off some steam.
Now a big thank you to jwade he informed me that my sf97 went out gave me a tracking number and it's at my door.
Thank you God that this is finally done.
And I am one of the very lucky ones that they dropped the EUC.
Only 3 1/2 months for sf97.

kevin101

I'm new to this and I understand there's a wait but I need some clarification.

Timeframes for EUC and sf97 are different? Does the sh97 wait start after the EUC clears or are they generally both going separately?

Fate3d

Im just joking about the young part. I was quoting another member said the same thing about being young wanting it right then and now. There isnt a sf97 waiting forever forum. I know its an EUC forum I apologize for whining in the wrong forum.
LOL I was messing with you...hehe

My first EUC 4-21-16 ....Still waiting :-(

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I'm new to this and I understand there's a wait but I need some clarification.

Timeframes for EUC and sf97 are different? Does the sh97 wait start after the EUC clears or are they generally both going separately?
That is correct first you have to pay in full, then your EUC has to to be approved by the DLA which can take months, when it is approved you can get you win. Then you check it over to make sure vin and year are correct then you submit that paper work for a SF97 or title with another fee and wait some more.

kevin101

That is correct first you have to pay in full, then your EUC has to to be approved by the DLA which can take months, when it is approved you can get you win. Then you check it over to make sure vin and year are correct then you submit that paper work for a SF97 or title with another fee and wait some more.

So we're talking about 2 separate multiple week wait?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks