• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

florky

2nd EUC - 14 days!
Sale date 11/30

Now just need to get her from Bragg to Lower Alabama!

View attachment 657905[/QUOTE Florky- who do you know at the tsa. You either have a relative working there or you paid someone off! I think that is a record. Good for you bud, and good luck with the new ride.
I had read that 2nd EUC were typically shorter - but was never expecting 14 days! I was shocked.....but very pleased. Have not even started ordering any parts for it yet :)

Wire Fox

Just had an email this morning from GovPlanet that had me all excited. It's about 6 weeks in from EUC submission and they sent me this email:

"Please send your Hold Harmless agreement for the above item to www.govplanet.com so we can approve your Humvee for pickup.

Thanks,"
Now, I had to politely tell them that I already sent it in and provided the reference number for it and they acknowledged that they did, in-fact, already have it. Now here I am, standing on-edge because of "so we can approve your Humvee for pickup." Any votes for it being EUC approval any day now, or do you think it's just hopeful wording? :roll:

ruSSrt

Just had an email this morning from GovPlanet that had me all excited. It's about 6 weeks in from EUC submission and they sent me this email:

Now, I had to politely tell them that I already sent it in and provided the reference number for it and they acknowledged that they did, in-fact, already have it. Now here I am, standing on-edge because of "so we can approve your Humvee for pickup." Any votes for it being EUC approval any day now, or do you think it's just hopeful wording? :roll:
That's what i got on Thursday.
Just called GovPlanet and spoke to them and they say if you got that email/letter approvals are coming this Tuesday or next. Maybe due to holidays on the 3rd.

Jon0249

For those that still run into a similar issue with other surplus MVs, keep in mind that states (like mine, Texas) don't give a hoot about SF97s or other restrictions - they care about collecting taxes. I do realize this is a general statement, but it has been proven out in a few states that I know of. Once taxes are paid, the clerks behind the counter don't really care about any red-stamped Federal restriction. In fact, my clerk asked me what kind of tags I wanted!

For Texas, and other states, I'm sure, there is a fairly reliable approach that consists of 3 things - Bonded Title (roughly $200), Appraisal (look for a used car salesman with a dealer number, aka people-pleaser, let him drive it = free appraisal) and Safety Inspection. Oh yes - insurance. My agent took care of the bonded title for easy, one-stop shopping.

The tax office in my town NEVER got to see the Bill of Sale or the SF97. It's not a state form, so they don't care anyway. I filled out the state's forms, gave them my docs above, done and done.

Best of luck in your similar endeavors.

Last edited by a moderator:

arvi007

M1038 EUC Approved today... ( First timer )
Sale : 12/14/2016
EUC Sent: 12/16/2016
EUC submitted to TSC: 1/9/2017
Approved: 2/7/2017

Now to get it shipped....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks