• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

florky

2nd EUC - 14 days!
Sale date 11/30

Now just need to get her from Bragg to Lower Alabama!

View attachment 657905[/QUOTE Florky- who do you know at the tsa. You either have a relative working there or you paid someone off! I think that is a record. Good for you bud, and good luck with the new ride.
I had read that 2nd EUC were typically shorter - but was never expecting 14 days! I was shocked.....but very pleased. Have not even started ordering any parts for it yet :)

Wire Fox

Just had an email this morning from GovPlanet that had me all excited. It's about 6 weeks in from EUC submission and they sent me this email:

"Please send your Hold Harmless agreement for the above item to www.govplanet.com so we can approve your Humvee for pickup.

Thanks,"
Now, I had to politely tell them that I already sent it in and provided the reference number for it and they acknowledged that they did, in-fact, already have it. Now here I am, standing on-edge because of "so we can approve your Humvee for pickup." Any votes for it being EUC approval any day now, or do you think it's just hopeful wording? :roll:

ruSSrt

Just had an email this morning from GovPlanet that had me all excited. It's about 6 weeks in from EUC submission and they sent me this email:

Now, I had to politely tell them that I already sent it in and provided the reference number for it and they acknowledged that they did, in-fact, already have it. Now here I am, standing on-edge because of "so we can approve your Humvee for pickup." Any votes for it being EUC approval any day now, or do you think it's just hopeful wording? :roll:
That's what i got on Thursday.
Just called GovPlanet and spoke to them and they say if you got that email/letter approvals are coming this Tuesday or next. Maybe due to holidays on the 3rd.

Jon0249

For those that still run into a similar issue with other surplus MVs, keep in mind that states (like mine, Texas) don't give a hoot about SF97s or other restrictions - they care about collecting taxes. I do realize this is a general statement, but it has been proven out in a few states that I know of. Once taxes are paid, the clerks behind the counter don't really care about any red-stamped Federal restriction. In fact, my clerk asked me what kind of tags I wanted!

For Texas, and other states, I'm sure, there is a fairly reliable approach that consists of 3 things - Bonded Title (roughly $200), Appraisal (look for a used car salesman with a dealer number, aka people-pleaser, let him drive it = free appraisal) and Safety Inspection. Oh yes - insurance. My agent took care of the bonded title for easy, one-stop shopping.

The tax office in my town NEVER got to see the Bill of Sale or the SF97. It's not a state form, so they don't care anyway. I filled out the state's forms, gave them my docs above, done and done.

Best of luck in your similar endeavors.

Last edited by a moderator:

arvi007

M1038 EUC Approved today... ( First timer )
Sale : 12/14/2016
EUC Sent: 12/16/2016
EUC submitted to TSC: 1/9/2017
Approved: 2/7/2017

Now to get it shipped....