• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Officially yes we are still waiting on our order from the GSA. We were able to pull favors and get about 500 blanks from various sources. We are currently working them now and sending a group off today to the DLA for signature. We are still being told that our official order should arrive within the next week to 10 days. However I am not getting my hopes up until I see them sitting on my desk.

hpu4

Thank you for the updates. I appreciate all you have done to keep us informed during this frustrating process. Government always works at their own pace - which is usually slow.

Regards,

DCIV

I am not asking for any exact numbers but seeing as how long you have been out of them, would the blanks you got, and your regular order be enough to fill all the ones that have been requested?

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
I am not asking for any exact numbers but seeing as how long you have been out of them, would the blanks you got, and your regular order be enough to fill all the ones that have been requested?
Yes, between the ones I received and the order we made, we should have more than enough to take care of the backlog as well as take care of all the sales between now and the next order which is scheduled to arrive in Nov.

TaylorTradingCo

I am a little late to the Hummer party, but could someone get me up to date. I know when they first started releasing them, they were for off road use only and could not be titled. Is that still the situation? I have never been enamored by them, but I have a teenage son in ROTC and thought he might like one, but I'd want to be able to drive it on the road.

suzukovich

Not to pour water on your parade. Letting your teenage son drive a Humvee is not a good idea especially since he is an inexperienced driver.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Al Capone

Another thing to think about is i think most insurance company's don't like insuring military vehicles so u have to get collector insurance and they have age restrictions of no one under 25 can drive it

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, The Montana title or SF97 is stamped off road only for all hmmwv except the USMC later models which command a premium price but come with a "clean" title with no restrictions. You have to sign an agreement that you also understand this and will not drive on road at the time of purchase.

YMMV will vary :)

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I PMed phasty yesterday,He responded back today with good news for me.This was my first contact with him.Thanks.....

matic4433

Well since I am apparently encouraging lawlessness and anarchy, going forward my posts will be limited to facts only. My personal opinion and advice is clearly not needed or wanted since there are enough lawyers and experts on the forum to provide sufficient avenues for everyone. With that said here are this week's EUC numbers:

7/11 and later: 11
7/18: 48
7/25: 88
8/1: 64

TSC approved 119 this week.
Any numbers for this week?

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Any numbers for this week?
Crap...I was in the middle of writing this up yesterday and got pulled away on an emergency...

Here are the numbers from yesterday. The TSC had a good week and approved almost 200 of them. Here is the breakdown for what is coming up:

7/18 and Later: 9
7/25: 71
8/1: 62
8/8: 49
8/15: 55

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
This just makes me mad.

quote from e-mail back from customer service.

"We just recently got a batch of blank SF97 forms so we are beginning the printing process for the requests that were made in order. Once yours have printed it will take about 3-5 weeks until they are FedExed out to you. "

What?
3-5 weeks?
why are you paying FedEx?

I was under the impression that they would be sent after printing, not a month later....:evil:

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Howdy,
This just makes me mad.

quote from e-mail back from customer service.

"We just recently got a batch of blank SF97 forms so we are beginning the printing process for the requests that were made in order. Once yours have printed it will take about 3-5 weeks until they are FedExed out to you. "

What?
3-5 weeks?
why are you paying FedEx?

I was under the impression that they would be sent after printing, not a month later....:evil:
PM the name of the CSR that sent this to you so that I can ensure this confusion does not continue.

I briefed the Customer Care Manager last week that it will take approximately 3-5 weeks to work through the backlog that not having the blank forms for the last 3 months has created, provided that the 2 orders of blanks that the GSA has promised will be delivered are received.

We were able to find, borrow, and beg approximately 1,100 forms to bridge the gap between now and the expected delivery date of the actual forms we ordered. Since we received these, we have processed close to 600 forms in less than 2 weeks.

The process of printing these is not a quick one. Once we print the forms we have to send them to DLA for signature. Once they are signed by DLA they are then sent back to us where we finalize the process, i.e. print reassignment letters, scan and log them, determine which ones are SF97 only and which ones will be sent to our title service to be turned into tites, and then prep them for pickup by FEDEX or USPS. Depending on when your SF97 is printed, you can expect to receive it within 10 days from the print date, not 3-5 weeks from the print date. For titles it will take additional time depending on whether it is a Montana title (4-6 weeks) or Florida Title (2-4 weeks).

As far as why are we paying FedEx and USPS, not sure how else we would be able to send them to you....

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Here is this week's EUC Status. There were only 104 approvals this week. There are 74 USMC EUCs pending.

7/25 and later: 27
8/1: 60
8/8: 44
8/15: 48
8/22: 72

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks