• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting. Purchased my 2nd USMC truck in a year and I'm at 90 plus days waiting for EUC. Not getting it done for me!

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

I know I have been off the grid for a while, but I now have received authorization from the big bosses to get back at it. There will be a few new provisions going forward however. And no before anyone asks I will not go into why I was placed in the corner, but suffice to say some folks had an issue with some of my posts and the perception that I was showing favoritism to certain SS members. This led to them complaining to everyone who would listen to them, including the DLA, Ritchie Bros, and other executives. Due to that, the following rules have been directed by my superiors:

1. No more PMs. If you have a question or need assistance you will need to email me directly at phasty@ironplanet.com. No exceptions. Make sure you include an item number in the subject line. This is to ensure that there is a record of all interactions with any customers in regards to company related business. Since we are a publicly traded company, there has to be an audit trail in regards to customer interactions.

2. Do not ask me about individual state title or registrations requirements. I am not the subject matter expert in regards to your state's requirements, therefore that information needs to be obtained through your local titling authority.

3. I can't move you to the top of the list, if you decide to ask anyway I will give you the answer now, and it is NO. Please don't put me in that position.

My posting will be limited to EUC/Title updates only. Where we are at and what we are doing. This is for information only, and your specific issue or standing may be different than what I post. There are exceptions to every rule, and the information I put out covers the majority. IF you feel that your issue is unique or may have "slipped through the cracks", please do me the PROFESSIONAL courtesy of at least asking/telling me about first before going to complain to people who quite honestly have better things to do and have no idea how to fix your issue other than to tell me to do it. I can fix 99% of the issues when they come up at my level, so at least give me a chance. If I fail to address your specific issue adequately than by all means do what you feel is necessary. I only ask that you give me a chance so I am not blindsided by a Senior VP who ends up restricting my ability to keep everyone updated just because you feel you are more entitled than everyone else.

Now then here is this week's EUC Update:

TSC Approved 64 EUCs this week. The average time for approval is down to 49 days. There are currently 427 pending EUCs.

Before 9/12: 21
9/19: 117
9/25: 41
10/3: 70
10/10: 44

In regards to SF97s, We received 5,000+ the 1st week of November. Since then my team has produced over 1,400 SF97s. The current backlog now sits at 196. The majority of those SF97s (Not titles) have been sent out to customers or are currently sitting on the desk ready to send out. We have been getting Florida titles back normally within 2 weeks after sending the SF97 to our title service, and Montana has been doing a lot better job and getting them back to us in 3-4 weeks. The latest batch I notarized today was sent to them (Montana) the 1st week of November. At our current pace, the backlog of SF97s will be worked through by the end of this month. We will still have to wait of the Florida and Montana DMV to do their thing, but for the most part if you ordered an SF97 Only and have already taken possession of your item, you should have your SF97 no later than the 1st week of December. Obviously there are going to be exceptions, my guys are only human and sometimes they make a mistake, i.e. instead of an S, they put a 5 in the VIN, or the Year may be wrong. We do our best to catch those before we send them out to you, however, mistakes happen. My team has been processing these at a pace I wouldn't believe possible (while also accumulating a heck of a lot OT, but at least I can call it a Christmas Bonus), if you get your SF97 or title and something is incorrect, I apologize in advance now. What you don't need to do is call the Customer Service folks and berate them, especially since they have nothing to do with it. You have an issue and want to scream at me, by all means my email address is above.

Last, but not least. The USMC EUC process is getting better. I know some of you shake your head, but we have made great strides on it. There are 9 folks out there who have been waiting on a USMC EUC to clear since July or before...I know it probably pisses you off that people who won one in Oct, and sometimes Nov, are getting approved before you. Everyone from Aug and Jul that has not been approved, we identified you last week and sent the Project Manager your names and item numbers and asked, rather pointedly, that ya'll need to be squared away now. I now it is not a good answer and your frustration is absolutely warranted, all I can say is we are doing our best at our level to take care of you.

Thanks again for reading my dissertation, and I look forward to getting back in the groove and keeping ya'll updated.

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As usual, a bunch of whiners ruin it for the rest of us....you would think your dealing with escrow on a property or something. Because this purchase is most likely the first time anyone has had to deal with govt agencies for approval, they just have no idea how much is out of the hands of GP.
Everything is slow in regards to govt paperwork processing....period.

Broccoli2

So sad to hear that people are doing this.... Whats wrong with you (if you are one of the ((I hope)) Few)...
Thanks for the update. Have a great Holiday @PHasty

Jridgeway

Still waiting for mine. It’s about to cause me to miss the toys for tots parade in chicago. Getting pretty upset Called gov planet about the title and the lady gave me attitude for asking.

FloridaAKM

I have been waiting for a Florida title on my 1985 M35A2C that I got on 13 September 2017; all fees were paid @ that time along with the purchase price. After calling today, I found out that the SF97 forms were the holdup in the titling process & I should wait another 3 to 4 weeks to get the title transferred to me. The late fees from the Florida DMV are bad enough, but this is an ongoing issue on each vehicle or trailer that I purchase. The late fees do add up after a short while causing me to wonder if I should find another hobby before I go Tango Uniform.

pontiac62

How do you know which title your getting. Paid truck and fees for title on 29 july2017. Received truck on 09aug2017.

Haven’t called yet was going to play the waiting game, guess I’ll call next week. Checked for emails in my inbox and spam folder. No emails as yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M1081 LVAD

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been waiting for a Florida title on my 1985 M35A2C that I got on 13 September 2017; all fees were paid @ that time along with the purchase price. After calling today, I found out that the SF97 forms were the holdup in the titling process & I should wait another 3 to 4 weeks to get the title transferred to me. The late fees from the Florida DMV are bad enough, but this is an ongoing issue on each vehicle or trailer that I purchase. The late fees do add up after a short while causing me to wonder if I should find another hobby before I go Tango Uniform.

most states allow for a "statement of facts". When I go into DMV sometimes many months after purchase and even pickup, I explain via a statement of facts that there is a lag time due to EUC, transportation and official paperwork to title, this has never been an issue. Proof to them is the date on the SF97 itself, it's usually a few days from the date it was FedEx to me. California is like 15day from purchase before fees start to accrue....so if I get any grief I just get a manager involved.

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Here is this week's EUC Update:

Please remember that last week was a Holiday, so approvals are low at 39. Also the 9/19 batch was from the final HMMWV Only sale so that batch was pretty significant and taking a little longer to work through. The good news is that since it is now at 10 weeks these SHOULD all or at least the vast majority clear next week. That is what I am being told at least, so fingers crossed.

9/19 and Later: 95 (84 from the actual 9/19 batch)
9/25: 37
10/3: 69
10/10: 41
10/17: 39

In regards to SF97s, we currently have over 600 being processed to send out to ya'll. It takes a lot longer to process and send out, then it does to print and send to DLA for signature. The backlog of SF97s that have not been printed is currently below 150, so I have the guys concentrating on getting the ones we have received back from DLA finished up and sent out. The 150 consists of items that were picked up Mid to Late October until now. Once the team gets caught up on sending the ones we currently have out, they will knock out the next group. Still confident that we will be caught up within the next couple of weeks and we will get back to where we were before the shortage, which is buyer's receiving their SF97 within 2-3 weeks after pickup.

Rmtaunton

SF-97 Shortage (GovPlanet)

I must be one of the few , still waiting on EUC from 9-12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Broccoli2

WHOOHOOO Got that email today that my EUC was approved. Purchased, paid, and all paper work filled out, Sept 12th. It was submitted for approval on Sept 18th. Total of 9 weeks and 2 days from submitted date. That works for me. Now I just have to pick it up..... and wait for the SF-97. Super excited to get this home and get to work.

PS. This is my first ever EUC process for those keeping track

twisted60

Congrats Broccoli2, I emailed PHasty today and he said mine should be in next weeks batch,,,also purchased 12 Sep, submitted 19 Sep, Good luck getting her home and enjoy tinkering until the SF97 finds it way to your mail box.

aleigh

PHasty, thanks for going to the trouble. I recognize that GP is a business but at the end of the day you and they don't have to to go to this much trouble, it's a service to our community, especially to participate in any way in this forum. And glad to hear the process is getting better re: EUCs.

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
I posted this yesterday on the other thread, but since we have 2 separate threads talking about essentially the same thing, I will start updating this one weekly as well:

Here is this week's EUC Update:

Please remember that last week was a Holiday, so approvals are low at 39. Also the 9/19 batch was from the final HMMWV Only sale so that batch was pretty significant and taking a little longer to work through. The good news is that since it is now at 10 weeks these SHOULD all or at least the vast majority clear next week. That is what I am being told at least, so fingers crossed.

9/19 and Later: 95 (84 from the actual 9/19 batch)
9/25: 37
10/3: 69
10/10: 41
10/17: 39

In regards to SF97s, we currently have over 600 being processed to send out to ya'll. It takes a lot longer to process and send out, then it does to print and send to DLA for signature. The backlog of SF97s that have not been printed is currently below 150, so I have the guys concentrating on getting the ones we have received back from DLA finished up and sent out. The 150 consists of items that were picked up Mid to Late October until now. Once the team gets caught up on sending the ones we currently have out, they will knock out the next group. Still confident that we will be caught up within the next couple of weeks and we will get back to where we were before the shortage, which is buyer's receiving their SF97 within 2-3 weeks after pickup.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks