• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

suzukovich

The nice lady at the DMV sent me an email and if I remember right she said to take that to the tax collectors office and get a temporary tag then I could drive the HMMWV to the Regional DMV office for the "inspection" which I suspect will be just a visual to make sure it represents a military vehicle, she's 3 color camo, can't get much more Military looking than that, I have not done any mods to the appearance, no new seats, no radio, no fuzzy dice.

Good luck on the trailer, or maybe call and ask if you could get a temporary tag ?
Got my Humvee months ago. Just real pain in the ass with region 4.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got my clearance (2nd in a year) Tuesday on a USMC unit from August, so a bit over 4 months for me. But I think that's rare. Most seem to clear sooner.

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
My apologies for being late. I took a couple of weeks off over the holidays to decompress. Here is this week's EUC summary. Also want to clarify some questions I have received lately.

First- We have always been a Florida dealer, that is why Florida Buyers had to request and pay for the title service on everything other than HMMWVs. As of 11/1/17, the State AG instructed us to no longer offer title service on any Government Surplus items, regardless of type. Therefore, as of 11/1/17, the only options available for FLORIDA BUYERS (this does not affect other state buyers) is either a Bill of Sale or SF97. FLORIDA Buyers can no longer request a Florida title on any Government Surplus Vehicles. The State requires that the SF97 be presented at the time a title is requested. Florida Buyers still have the option to select a Montana Title for HMMWVs, but the State of Florida has specifically stated they will not be accepted. I have no idea what is going on down there, but if you are a Florida Resident I would air on the side of caution and stick with SF97s only when you checkout. If you receive a request from IronPlanet stating they need your DL info, and you won your item AFTER 11/1/17, please email me at phasty@ironplanet.com. There are still a few bugs in the system it seems and some items have slipped thru the cracks and made it over to our Florida Title person by mistake.

Next, the USMC EUC process continues to improve. We are close to getting authorization for concurrent reporting and they (TSC) has already implemented the same process for subsequent EUC buyers with a previous EUC approval (the 30 month life cycle is still in effect though) so that those buyers are approved within 7 days of submission to TSC. There have been some growing pains with this, specifically buyers that already have multiple EUC submissions already in the pipeline. The TSC system doesn't always catch multiple buyers. By this I mean if your EUC was submitted on 11/1 and then another was submitted on 11/5, and another was submitted on 12/12, when the 11/1 is approved on 1/1, the system is not able to flag the 11/5 and 12/12 submissions to approve those at the same time. However, if your submission is made on 1/5, then it will auto approve at the 7 day mark after submission since the EUC was submitted AFTER the first approval was made in the system. I know that is somewhat convoluted, but it is the clearest way I can think to explain it.

As far as the USMC SF97s, we are still bottle necking at the USMC level on these. We are doing are best to "push" them (USMC) on quicker turnarounds, however it seems that the person that does them only works them 1 or 2 days a month, so they wait until they get a large group and then knock them out...We have been in discussion with the OIC of the department, and it is my hope that he will be able to improve the current system.

EUC Summary (1/2/18):

9/19: 1
9/25: 5
10/3: 10
10/10: 15
10/17: 35
10/24: 24
10/31: 22

The TSC approved 47 EUCs this week, and now that the holidays are over and they are back at full staff, I expect to see the approvals continue to climb week over week.

DLA SF97s, it took a couple of weeks longer than I anticipated (Mainly due to the FLU outbreak that at one point had my whole team out of the office for at least 2 days) but we just sent the DLA that last of the backlogged SF97s. As of today we are working about 2 auctions back. We obviously are still bottle necked on the Titles, especially Montana HMMWV titles, but once the huge backlog that we have sent them have been worked through and we get back to a normal amount and schedule, I would expect them to get back on pace as well. If you TOOK POSSESSION of your vehicle prior to 11/1/17, and have not received an SF97 (this does not apply to titles) please send me an email at phasty@ironplanet.com with your item number and I will see why. According to my tracker all SF97s prior to 11/1 have been sent out.

Thanks and sorry for the length of this post!

Phil

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Wow...I have not heard anything. The M1045A2 I got from Yermo (USMC) of which the EUC was submitted on the 9th of November has not yet been cleared. I have purchased 13 HMMWV's from GovPlanet since Jan 2017, I work for the DOD, sent a pic of my DL card and DOD card along with my EUC and it has still not cleared. My turn-around for non USMC HMMWV's runs between 8 and 15 working days. I know EUC has to clear the USMC....and that takes some time, but now I am thinking there may be some issue. Also, does anyone know if they are still making us fill out and send in the Hold Harmless Agreements? I didn't get the option to fill one out on thius last auction.
The HHA has never been required for the USMC HMMWVs, that is a DLA contract requirement. Also none of the USMC HMMWVs SF97s will have the "ORUO" stamp, once again that is a DLA contract requirement. Hope that clears it up.

Phil

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
This Week's EUC Update:

9/25: 2
10/3: 7
10/10: 2
10/17: 1
10/24: 22
10/31: 21
11/6: 26
11/13: 20

TSC Approved 73 EUC this week.

Short and sweet, hopefully I will have some updates on the Non Rolling Stock procedures soon since we are knee deep in planning right now. We are hoping to go live in some form within the next 30-45 days.

Thanks,

Phil

Al Capone

Is the numbers next to the date the amount
approved from week before or how many is
left to do? Reason I ask is I got my euc approved right at 11 weeks and buddy from same date is not approved yet . And he got letter in mail from euc guys saying they did it and I got my letter in mail two weeks after mine was approved ?

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the numbers next to the date the amount
approved from week before or how many is
left to do? Reason I ask is I got my euc approved right at 11 weeks and buddy from same date is not approved yet . And he got letter in mail from euc guys saying they did it and I got my letter in mail two weeks after mine was approved ?
As per previous statements by PHasty, email him at phasty@ironplanet.com and include dates and item/auction numbers to ensure correctness of information.

twisted60

Took my HMMWV to the Regional DMV office today, and walked out with the Former Military Plate, paperwork was "OK" no issue with the SF97. However they were surprised I drove it there and that I had a temp tag, after they informed me that was not possible and that I can not drive it ect... I explained that it was one of their own people who told me to do it that way. They told me I could only drive it in Parades ect so I ask how I was supposed to get to the Parade ...insert dear in headlight look...
Anyway not to drag this out, I have the Former Military Plate and will be installing it tomorrow. The Title is Branded as Former Military but that is fine, There are no printed restrictions on Registration, only says XMR Former Military Vehicle Plate Issued. First event is this weekend...

suzukovich

Took my HMMWV to the Regional DMV office today, and walked out with the Former Military Plate, paperwork was "OK" no issue with the SF97. However they were surprised I drove it there and that I had a temp tag, after they informed me that was not possible and that I can not drive it ect... I explained that it was one of their own people who told me to do it that way. They told me I could only drive it in Parades ect so I ask how I was supposed to get to the Parade ...insert dear in headlight look...
Anyway not to drag this out, I have the Former Military Plate and will be installing it tomorrow. The Title is Branded as Former Military but that is fine, There are no printed restrictions on Registration, only says XMR Former Military Vehicle Plate Issued. First event is this weekend...
Congrats. So as you can see they don't like following thier own laws when it comes to the Humvee. By the way the same restriction applies to the blue antique tags too. Also although you technically don't have to hang the tag. If you do make sure you have a license plate light. I bought one at NAPA change out the bulb with a 24-28v bulb. One wire tied into the marker light the other wire attached to body as a ground

twisted60

Congrats. So as you can see they don't like following thier own laws when it comes to the Humvee. By the way the same restriction applies to the blue antique tags too. Also although you technically don't have to hang the tag. If you do make sure you have a license plate light. I bought one at NAPA change out the bulb with a 24-28v bulb. One wire tied into the marker light the other wire attached to body as a ground

Thanks, ya I am planning to put a light on the plate, saw a LED light at local Auto Zone, will swing by and check the voltage.

There was a lot of confusion at the DMV office, told me 3 different prices, were confused by my showing up in the Humvee, the agent "helping me" it was her first Former Military Tag, they asked for copies of everything to include 2 copies of my DL, I still have all the copies, they did not even look at them, but in the end they figured it out, now I hope it goes easier for the next guy.

Tomorrow, I'll be trying to adjust my "stop light switch", hang the plate and light and pull my RR tire off, looks like a little seep of oil making a mess.

suzukovich

Thanks, ya I am planning to put a light on the plate, saw a LED light at local Auto Zone, will swing by and check the voltage.

There was a lot of confusion at the DMV office, told me 3 different prices, were confused by my showing up in the Humvee, the agent "helping me" it was her first Former Military Tag, they asked for copies of everything to include 2 copies of my DL, I still have all the copies, they did not even look at them, but in the end they figured it out, now I hope it goes easier for the next guy.

Tomorrow, I'll be trying to adjust my "stop light switch", hang the plate and light and pull my RR tire off, looks like a little seep of oil making a mess.
Go to NAPA. They usually stock the 24-28v bulbs. In a couple of styles. My light uses the dash board style lights which makes the light not stick out when not on.

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
EUC Update for 1/15/18:

The TSC approved 64 EUCs this week. Here is the breakdown. Remember that the date corresponds to when the EUCs were submitted and received by TSC, and the number is the remaining EUCs from that batch that are waiting on approval:

10/3: 4
10/10: 2
10/24: 2
10/31: 15
11/6: 24
11/13: 20
11/20: 26

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has gov planet ever given any info to state
dmv offices on vehicles they sold ?
I would lean more towards the DOD providing states with that information. Also there will be records from any state that originally created a title from a SF-97 , of the original SF-97 in that states records . Just like tracking a manufacturer's
"Certificate of Origin" back to the dealer that originally sold a car .

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
My apologies for missing last week, I was in California briefing our Ops plan for the Non Rolling Stock to the executives.

EUC Update 1/30/18

The TSC approved 64 EUCs this week. Here is the breakdown. Remember that the date corresponds to when the EUCs were submitted and received by TSC, and the number is the remaining EUCs from that batch that are waiting on approval:

10/3: 3
10/31: 1
11/6: 3
11/13: 1
11/20: 0
12/5: 21
12/12: 12
12/19: 22

We currently have 167 EUCs currently being processed, which is the lowest number we have had since GovPlanet's inception. It may not seem like it now, but the system is getting better.

***EDIT 2*** I forgot to add my "new" email address is phasty@ritchiebros.com The Ironplanet one will still be redirected to the new account, however I am not sure for how long.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks