• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ist shots for armyman..

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wow!!!!!! That looks great! You almost don't even see the Jeep in the back of the cargo truck!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool, that IS a jeep in the back of the carco truck! How did you get it in/out? Did you know you're drivin on the wrong side :wink:

dmetalmiki

AAAA! HA! gents....would yo b leev "one at each corner and heave??" NO? quite right..now IF U look (ever)so more closly you will see the "ramps flap" (deuce has same!) if fact I'll mark a photo 4 YOU all (then THAT mod can b carried out if u want to!)..and SHUCKS!! IZ that WHY everyone honks at me ALL the time!!..the reason I'm lined up there iz...see pic 2!!

Attachments

rockman

looks like singles on your trucks

with the singles, did you flip your hubs and if not, any bearing wear issues...

Let's see the scammel...

Thanks, Bill

dmetalmiki

RE: looks like singles on your trucks

The deuce IS flipped...AND the front wheels also kicked out 4" as I cant abide that crab look UNLESS they ALL track one behind the other.
also the deuce is on 1200x20 with adaptor plates I made. low revs high speed..good steer. NO bearing issues.(loading of bearings within decent bounds) properly adjusted= O.K.
the five ton is NOT reversed AND the fronts are kicked out 5" so they too track one and the same. No bearing issues . loading (well!) within bounds. same applies. I will post pics of the trailer when I get it..(soon!) not sure bout the D.Tee..Me thinks I really am over tasked..ho hum..pity bout me b...ering up the scammell..see what I mean about over tasked?..just one meestake..and.."CRUMP" 3 (yep folks THREE) grands worth O' damij!!..((kiks self round the yard AGAIN!).funny but that DINT' fix it!..sighhh..NO,, BIG sighh..(and) sold "as is"

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

"ering up the scammell"...".."CRUMP" 3 (yep folks THREE) grands worth O' damij!!."...dmetalmiki, you lost me man!

dmetalmiki

sorry ..difficult if you havent follwed the "saga"..I had no help and in a flustered state forgot to put the scammell tank transporter into neutral on xfer and neutral between 1st and 3 rd.. result? after towing 5 miles? gearbox siezure!!..BUT can u (begin to) imagine the saga having a 30 ton tank transporter stuck on the highway??..well the M62 wrecker pulled that vehicle "screamin" OFF the highway!! ALL 10 wheels locked!!.. so now I have it back home and "sold" as is!.I have to say the M62 is the BEST vehicle I now own!.......GREAT in every respect.....((looking 4 a diamond T))

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

Thanks for posting the pictures, the trucks look great. It is nice to see the US Army trucks in the English countryside. I bet there are a few older folk there who remember the days of WW II when it was a common sight. I hope to get my M52 running like your M62 since mine did a lot of screaming hauling my M127 with the brakes dragging a bit.

TacticalTruck

I think you've been playin' with Uncle Sugar's trucks a bit much...aren't you on the worng side of the road?
Jeff

OSO

I know how it feels for an old friend to leave the nest.Looking at all of your other Iron you should be quite occupied. :( OSO

Cdub

I was kinda surprised to see the wrecker driver attached the Under reach to the
bumper (frame ends) and not under the axle........??

I know it's a designed vertical lift point but with an under reach wrecker...??

any ideas on the matter.....as I will be looking to have a M939 towed at
some point or another.

seya,

C'dub

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks