• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Items in the deuce...

srodocker

What would you want in your deuce for say natural disasters or camping or just everyday driving around? say like a chainsaw? shovels? flares?

i was thinking whenever i get my deuce i want to put one of those Canadian roof racks and have 2 5 gallon containers of water or diesel a chainsaw maybe a couple of other items.

i've seen pictures of a mounted generator in the spare tire spot which was really sweet looking. maybe a big air compressor for faster filling up or bigger tools. welder?

oh yea pics would be sweet!

redcoat54th

Axe, shovel and pick axe fit right in their own rack out of the way. A generator would be nice (small portable and easy on gas being tops). A heater of some sort and a tent. Cooking items and stove. 2 cans of water, 2 or more of gasoline and a couple or more diesel. Food. A saw is a must even if its a hand bow type. Something to read. A female companion And pack some heat.:oops:

srodocker

hehe im turning my sheltered 105 into a camper. looking up ideas now. but i defiantly want a chainsaw and to pack some heat. there was a m1009 with a nice setup and i cant seem to find the pics

Scarecrow1

I am still saving for an MV myself, but in my Blazer you can find 2 black carrying cases with straps filled with standard and metric sockets along with various other screw drivers and vice grips and tools of many uses. Along with emergency gear and a over stocked first aid kit, rain gear, engine fluids and jumper cables. knives and soon winter gear . Some things I won't mention lol . I spent 25 years on the road from town to town. the old saying is true its better to have and not need than to need and not have. Count your blessings every time you shut off your engine . God only knows what I would carry if I had more room.
Me>>>> Mike

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
How bad do you want to plan for. In your area, earthquakes or the next Mt Saint Helens or maybe wild fires? Are you worrying about only your own or are you wanting to go in to help others? A lot of questions that only you can answer.

How many people do you have to support and do you want minimum essential for survival or do you want sustainment? For how long?

A lot to think about and it's significantly different for different disasters/areas/weather.

Suggest thinking about it similar to the way the military breaks down their supply system:

Class I: food and water (are you going to carry water or have purification capability)
Class II: general supply items such as tents and tools
Class III: petroleum products, oil, lubricants
Class IV: engineering material to include barrier and construction
Class V: ammo
Class VI: personal demand items to include shaving kit supplies, tampons for the ladies, alcohol
Class VII: major equipment such as trucks, trailers, weapons,
Class VIII: medical supplies and equipment
Class IX: repair parts
Class X: anything not covered in other areas but a biggie for thought is plant seeds for agriculture

Start off with a 3 days supply and build from there. If you have think you need a years supply, let me know where you get your tin foil hat at. Katrina showed a 30 day supply would not be out of the norm. You will need to look at bug out supplies and hunkering down supplies and potentially caches at secure locations away from your area. Carrying 90 days of supply for a family of 4 will take a deuce and most likely a 105 trailer or better yet a water buffalo or 1061 trailer with fuel pod. Then you'll need to be able to guard your fuel 24/7. So that may mean having to bring trusted neighbors which means more food and water. Before you know it, you need 3 deuces one with a water trailer, one with a fuel trailer, and one with a generator. Then you have shelter on one, food on another, and all the kids in the third with the weapons/ammo/repair parts(actually you'd cross level the vehicles as best as possible). OK break out the tin foil hat (LOL).

Seriously though, for natural disasters everyone should plan and FEMA urges everyone to do so for the probably scenarios for your area and if you are staying put or beating feet.

srodocker

man that just popped a lot more ideas in my head!!! maybe some tin foil hat ones too :) i like the start with 3 day plan. Floods and wild fires are the most common around here. I want to make my future deuce very well prepared for flooding. As ive been asking around about fording kits.

as for how many people to support. Well i want to support at least 2 familes. i found a old generator trailer near me that i could possible convert into more of a tool trailer. but then i need another deuce when i already in search for just 1 hahahah

see i dont think carrying just extra water with you cause you will run out. definatly need to have the purification ability aswell.

srodocker

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
1. 10000 rounds of 223
2. 10000 rounds of 308
3. 10000 rounds of 40 cal
4. 55 gal drum of fuel, 20 gal 30W rotella
5. 3 firearms (panther arms 223 and 308, sig P229)
6. 50 gal water
7. 10 lb beef jerky
8. night vision
9. ax
10. radio gear 3 (hand held 2 meter and mobile 2meter)
11. 3 , 102 QT Gott coolers loaded with ice for beer
12. tool box
13. both sons to help hit supermarkets, liq stores, parts stores and walmarts for anything and everything else i need
14. (3) 21 year old strippers for entertainment when not doing #13
15. Acid reflux medicine to counteract beer, beef jerky and junk food that the strippers live on

broman78

1. 10000 rounds of 223
2. 10000 rounds of 308
3. 10000 rounds of 40 cal
4. 55 gal drum of fuel, 20 gal 30W rotella
5. 3 firearms (panther arms 223 and 308, sig P229)
6. 50 gal water
7. 10 lb beef jerky
8. night vision
9. ax
10. radio gear 3 (hand held 2 meter and mobile 2meter)
11. 3 , 102 QT Gott coolers loaded with ice for beer
12. tool box
13. both sons to help hit supermarkets, liq stores, parts stores and walmarts for anything and everything else i need
14. (3) 21 year old strippers for entertainment when not doing #13
15. Acid reflux medicine to counteract beer, beef jerky and junk food that the strippers live on
I understand caring some heat with you. But 30k rounds. I would rather carry water and food but I see objective # 13. I guess anything else you are missing would go be included in objective 13.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Dudley,

You're too old to be dealing with 21 year old strippers and I don't see you and the boys walking into walmart guns blazing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not all scenarios require force. There's a thin line between readiness and tin foil hat territory.

Remember that achieving victory without firing a shot is the best victory of all.

srodocker

fire extinguisher another thing i remembered. also saw a gun truck with like a tire rack on the back of the deuce. i dont want to take up that much room but that was sweet looking

srodocker

on a more serious note...anyone have any other ideas on emergency response items? oh another thing what size tow strap would a deuce need to pull another deuce out?

Chief_919

Enough engine oil and gear oil to change everything should I need to after fording. Stored in 5 liter NATO style cans so it doesn't get spoiled.

greenjeepster

On the tow straps I would go with 3/4 or 1 inch braided cable 30 or more feet long.

I think the strippers would be a waste of perfectly good beer space. If you want to see something naked you can always trade a ride for a show:wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks