• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jerry can tool box

Is there a need for a Jerry Can Tool Box on your truck

• Total voters

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to support the small company making these. They are water tight with rubber seal. They can make any modifications needed thats why I posted the thread to get a different perspective Pros/Conns...?

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ODdave
The manufacturer sent me 2, 1-red and 1 green for free, I marked up 1 with changes and sent it back. The red one I gave to our local fire Chief for a Christmas present. I just fell into this cause the manufacture was making me custom access control gate parts and the Jerry can was on his brochure. He has 1 design on the side has a hidden hand gun door which is sealed as well. He had a Baretta 92Fs in his with 2 clips. I am trying to revise the current design and mass produce on a volume basis. I will call ya when I get the next prototype. Merry Christmas Michigander.

chevyCUCV

Im sold on one since its water proof.
Make sure you have jerry can mounts to sell along with these.:)

Love having vendors on forums, such a great feature.

eagle4g63

Well I stand corrected than, since these are a redo/different make of the other ones posted. Since these are water proof and all, than I am very interested in them. The gun compartment is very interesting to me.

Thanks for clearing it up about these and please keep the info coming.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I just read this whole thread. Can we get, in one posting, what the differences are for this purposed new design vs the "old" one? Im all for it, just trying to figure out exactly whats different.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will post some shop drawings and pictures the 3 prototype's when I get them. Thanks for looking.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/64221-very-cool-mv-toolbox-4.html

See post 32. They better step their game WAY up, cuz the more I try to use it, the less I like it. After extensive use I would rate it a D, down from a C. The lock is crap and needs constant attention. It's just not very handy except for long term storage. I have my spare electrical parts in it now. I would never try to use it to store things I needed very often - the hassle isn't worth it.

I really dug it at first, cuz it was so flash bang kewl, but like I said, unless they make major changes I can not recommend one.

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Doug for your honesty,

I had no idea 2 weeks ago these even existed and by no means did I know there was a previous thread on SS regarding this invention. What I envision here is getting all the feedback I can and posting the 3 shop drawings for comparison purposes, then letting the site choose the design. I also thought this would make a good first aid kit. Just fishing here thats all.

The one pictured is yours "waste oil" has 2 drawers. If the side hidden compartment option is chosen there will be 3 drawers as originally posted just smaller in width by 2" on the top drawer only. I will post the specifications when I get them.

Attachments

Last edited:

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd be interested in a couple if you are still working on this project.

Let me know when you get a price.

Thanks,

Storm 51

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks