• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

jerry cans

emr

Emmado has the best cans at the best price, plastic is the way to go, the old style mettle mil fuel spout is much better than the plastic, i have both in each truck, but i always use the old mettle one, pours faster, I have never heard of a fuel can that was a compression lid?????? any info would be greatly appreciated. :shock: oh unless it is a Marine or european style with the small hole with the raised lip and the lid slides over, I have one of those, but the real ones i will call them ..never seen a comp lid, would love to see one, I know the water mettle cans were like that, just wondering if there is something i have not seen.....

Last edited:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are some pictures of Scepter plastic fuel cans. A mountain of them, all used, good conditon. This is about 500 of them, the pile goes back a ways. This is an unsorted pile. The cans I sell at shows are all gone thru and new gaskets and straps installed if needed.

The standard metal US GI "compression" spout works with these cans, as does the newer plastic screw on spouts. ]

Viton gaskets are needed if your going to store gas in them. The cans normally come with diesel rated gaskets. Gas will shrink a diesel gasket, and crack the flange inside the cap, and then there is nothing to keep the gasket in the cap. Red straps indicate gas, yellow and brown straps indicate diesel.

Attachments

Last edited:

TIGERFANS2

Here are some pictures of Scepter plastic fuel cans. A mountain of them. This is about 500 of them, the pile goes back a ways. This is an unsorted pile. The cans I sell at shows are all gone thru and new gaskets and straps installed if needed.

I got a couple from emmado and they were good 'uns.....

Albin

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are really going to store/carry fuel, the Scepter cans from emmado22 are the way to go! I got four and am very pleased with them. I got the Scepter screw on spouts from WPNS421 (can no longer purchase at retail here in USA because of EPA) and life is good!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a note:

If you're interested in doing a restoration and want the proper can for anything before 1990, the metal can is what you want.

If you don't care about originality and want to use the can instead, the plastic ones are much better.

.PDF file from the internet on jerry cans.

Attachments

Billy Bobbed

I like the look of the metal can better.I used bed liner paint on the bottom off mine to keep it from rusting while in the can holder.Then painted the whole can OD green.

baxter

Ive gotten about 30 from Emmado they are great fit on the truck really tight. I have had no problems with them going down the road. I have them full of 50% ATF and 50% diesel.Thanks for the cans EMMADO they are great.

Vaughn

Economist

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are some pictures of Scepter plastic fuel cans. A mountain of them, all used, good conditon. This is about 500 of them, the pile goes back a ways. This is an unsorted pile. The cans I sell at shows are all gone thru and new gaskets and straps installed if needed.

The standard metal US GI "compression" spout works with these cans, as does the newer plastic screw on spouts. ]

Viton gaskets are needed if your going to store gas in them. The cans normally come with diesel rated gaskets. Gas will shrink a diesel gasket, and crack the flange inside the cap, and then there is nothing to keep the gasket in the cap. Red straps indicate gas, yellow and brown straps indicate diesel.
Not sure if my last couple of PM's to you went through. I am interested in 20 diesel Scepter plastic fuel cans. Please let me know if you can oblige.

Many thanks.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure if my last couple of PM's to you went through. I am interested in 20 diesel Scepter plastic fuel cans. Please let me know if you can oblige.

Many thanks.
Maybe he is busy or out of town. I sent a PM a couple of days ago too. I could use ten or so cans.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks