• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

junk yard find

OLDCHEV4X4

I was on my way home from the Maple Grove swap meet with a pocket full of money on Saturday. Sold a bunch of truck parts. We were gonna go by a junk yard that I have been in many times and we decided to stop in. They never have military stuff, just civi. Whell....never say never.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of the pics look like a wrecker bed without the crane. Lotsa good parts though. Someone sure could use the winch, snatch block, and the leg extenders.

First pic is a lifting sling bar. Used for sling loading a truck underneath a Chinook for airborne operations.

Last edited:

OLDCHEV4X4

Picked up a jerry can holder, a work light, tow bar axle brackets, pioneer tool rack.
Going back for more. They were closing up for the day and they get grumpy if you hold them up.

FormerNewMVGuy

I would like to have that level winder and tensioner or the whole winch assembly.

Think my 813 would look badass with the level winder on the winch

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Speaking of junkyard finds.I saw 3 m880 dodges at Banks junkyard in Coniwingo,Md.This was on saturday.

KsM715

Save those wrecker spades. ( the long pole with the curved piece on one end and a ball with a hole in it on the other) see if the sockets are on the back of the bed too.

Buy what ever you can and re-sell it in the classifieds.

OLDCHEV4X4

I guess i will have them pick it up with the loader and move it to the front. Then I can pick it clean as a deer carcass after a flock of vultures find it.:shock:

Looks like the trip to MD this saturday is off.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might be easier and cheaper to just buy the whole thing, and part it out when you get home. Whatever's left over, sell to the scrapman.

OLDCHEV4X4

Might be easier and cheaper to just buy the whole thing, and part it out when you get home. Whatever's left over, sell to the scrapman.
Thats how i usually do it Mike, but "Davidson Salvage" is full. (insert Sanford and Son theme song here). And i cant get that thing on and off the car trailer. And the ol' Lady would not be happy if a roll back showed up with that and dumped it in the yard.

Last edited:

joestewart

We are like kids in a candy store. Sure wish that pile of "junk" was sitting at a local wrecking yard! I would drag the whole thing home. Randy, I've been looking for a dipstick/filler cap for the hydraulic tank on my wrecker. From the photos, I can't tell if its there. Can you check next time you go? Will purchase! J. Stewart

crasheej

Four long pices of pipewith loops on one end of each. You use them on the extended boom to rase heavy loads. But you can't move the boom when you use them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks