• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just a few reasons it's good to own a CUCV...

sarge1

Good stuff everybody. They really are fun vehicles to have if you can stomach doing some of the maintenance and work yourself. I'm definately on the border of biting off more than I can chew in that regard but I'm still really enjoying my truck.

OL AG '89

#27? CHICKS Dig it!!!
Took mine to a car show and the entire High School cheerleader squad wanted their pictures taken with it!!!!
I wish I would of had my forsale sign with me.... I guarentee I could of sold it to mama's boy for 10 GRAND!!!!!

YEP ITS A CHICK MAGNET!!!!!! LOL

Milbikes

Pulling my neighbors 4WD Isuzu Trooper out of a ditch (That the Kubota 4WD tractor couldn't).

Starting easy at 3 degrees when the 6.5 wouldn't.

Even though it is camo, other drivers actually notice it, and move away.

Drowns out cell phones at traffic lights.

Doesn't need to be fast to be "cool".

Goes where other 4WD and AWD's fear to tread....because it can.

Not over-powered, so traction control is superior.

Doesn't have that darned 6.5 PMD that often croaks.

Injector pump is half the price of a 6.5.

Turbo never burns out.

You can see the engine.

You can work on the engine.

No electric windows to cr@p out.

You can reach all glow plugs easily.

Most parts are cheap and available.

Super support from this forum, which beats any Haynes manual!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
"Just a few reasons it's good to own a CUCV"

To use as wheel ckocks for the BIG trucks

Sardot1

My two year old lets me take him for rides in his truck.

$35 for two years registration.

I can buy another one to match for about $2000

Camo sticks out in a large parking lot.

Go GREEN! and brown......and black!

well since my M1010 is still wearing her S.W.A.T. black paint, its nice that cops dont look twice because it looks like a police vehicle.
and criminals avoid me, because it looks like a police vehicle... or maybe they avoid me because of the sticker on the drivers wing-window that says "Honk if you've never seen an UZI shot out of a car window."...

[thumbzup]roflYall crack me u p Olag everything u own is a chick magnet lol But the Coolest Thing i love about owning my M1008 is how Little Kids point at it when i pull up in a parking lot (makes me smile everytime )My nieces Love the thing My truck being red probably has alot to do with that but still the parents ask about it some are prior Military some arent but it still ajoy God Bless america and all the american steel still running I love my CUCV[thumbzup]ps I love it when i pull up at a light with mine and the chicks are in a honda lookin up at me priceless justa smilin :wink:100percent chickmagnets big trucks no matter the color REd and od Green tend to be the biggest magnets though

Pinkie

13. The ability to pull along side the sweater wearing yuppie in their convertable and pull just forward enough so your exhaust spews into their cab![thumbzup]
Funny you say that. When I brought my first deuce home, with side exhaust, a convertible (summertime) pulled up on my right. Yes I was in the left lane at a top light. Non turbos smoke like a train anyway, I filled his convertible with dino smoke. He wasn't happy. He was driving a Sebring convertible I believe.

J.R. - rolling smoke

minimalist

I get asked all the time if it's a diesel. I respond "no, I think there's something wrong with the engine it just started making that noise"

My 3yo and my 6yo just love the thing and when asked, do you want me to drive you to school in it, yes couldn't come quicker.

justinwregier

The M1009 and my dogs are best friends, I have two labs and they love going for rides! The 1 year old will sit in the passenger seat like he is a person, hilarious. The 5 month old still gets a little car sick but the pet friendly interior makes clean up ok. :drool:

My wife actually likes driving my M1009. Before we were married I drove it to her place the first time and she (my wife now) and her sisters all wanted to go for a ride. "This truck is bad @$$" was the consensus. Ladies just like a tough looking truck, even if its 25 years old.

I have lost count on this one but everyday I get stares, like full on turn your head to watch the M1009 drive by kind of looks. Its always a dude, with this "I wish I had that TONKA truck mommy..." my wife even notices this and points it out constantly.

HAHA the drive thru!!!! Usually Im nice and turn off the engine... usually :driver:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
because of my MV ownership, I got to give my 86 year old WWII veteran father his first veteran days parade last year - best gift I've ever given my dad

PLUS the more expensive the vehicle, the more engaged in their phone conversation, the more I enjoy 'holding my spot' in traffic and NOT let them in. THEY get really pissed. I'm just smiling on the inside..:twisted:

One lady in a seven series bmw, talkin on her phone with the window rolled down... She honks trying to 'squeeze' in... I had my deuce at that time. So as I said, SHE honks at me like I can GO anywhere. When I HONKED BACK AT HER, she dropped her cell phone.

I was laughing my @rse off... as I rolled on past her trying to find her cell pone on the floor.

sierrajcharlie

I love irritating my daughter with it. She seems to think it's not cool. So, whenever we're going somewhere we take the oh9. That's when you find out how bad she want's to go. :wink:Also ticks her off when her Grand Am is stuck in the snow in the yard and I hand her the shovel out of the oh9 and then I rumble past her. Yeah, I'm a jerk. The boys like it, they want another one.

The wife said one night let's go out and take the on9! I about fell over. Then she want's to go play in the snow. She's been converted, it's cool.

Going though the Wal-Mart parking lot rumbling along and having people do a double take at it. One guy asked my wife if that was ours. Yes. He hadn't seen one in years since he got out of the service. Wanted to know all the details about it, where did you get it etc. That was cool!!

motormayhem

I like being a punk ass 17 year old with a cucv because no one else in my school has one :D
That used to be me! Started a 4 wheeling club at my school my senior year so I could bring it into the center of school during lunch for the club fair haha. I did park it all the way up on the ramp, but didnt get any pics after moving it.

Attachments

1956_4x4

Hey SSGT, I work at a drive thru, but unfortunately the only CUCV ive seen go thru was mine... only MV at all, actually... what a sad sad town i live in...
I go through the drive up at our local Burger King with my 1031. I have to turn the engine off to order and they always seem to thank me for doing so. I can just imagine how loud it is on the receiving end of the intercom system...

Smitty

ecschreier

I just moved to a crime ridden neighborhood in downtown Denver from rural NC. I probably saved a couple bucks on a protected by Glock sticker for my front door. Instead I leave the M1008 out front, I feel like that says it all. You'd have to be on a lot of crack to break into a guys house that has a Camo truck with a teamsters sticker on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks