• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just a few reasons it's good to own a CUCV...

ecschreier

HAHA!!! But do you work at a drive through and if so have you ever had a CUC come through??

oh ha .. yeah i love the response i get at the drive through..

and not to double post but i just remembered this love/hate situation ..

I hate owning a CUCV when I'm driving my girlfriends car and I pass another CUCV.. It's only happened once .. I honked and waved at a fellow CUCV driver as if to say "Hey, see I have a CUCV too!", then I remembered I was in a civy sedan. My fellow CUCV driver looked at me like I look at the civy chumps who honk and wave at me in my M1008.

sierrajcharlie

Had a good one this morning. Sitting in a parking lot idling, minding my own business. When the local "green" guy parks next to me with his electric car, my exhaust by his closed window. You know the car, the sardine can with 2 seats taking up the entire car and has 8 inch tires. I'm kind of watching him in my mirrors and can tell he's getting irritated. He keeps looking at me like I'm doing something wrong. After a couple of minutes he backs out and finds another spot to park. He gets out of his "car" and walks to the building and he keeps looking at me and glaring. Apparently, my green and his "green" must not be quite the same thing.

ONTOS66

I lost track of the numbering so here are a few:

##. Anything military irritates the liberals!! GO GREEN!!
##. At the drive through I don't have to use the speaker to order my morning coffee - they already know who I am and what I want.
##. Parking as close as possible to some dildo who used 4 spaces for his priceless (fill in the blank) - especially if he/she/it is a dildo wannabe with a civilian hummer (with a car cover to protect the paint)
##. Glasspacks on a 1028 are louder than chico and his vibrating boom box on wheels - and it pisses him off! :) (no habla english - habla 12 gauge?)
##. Casting a giant shadow on some dweeb in a "smartcar" .. like a hawk swooping down on a rabbit. (the sky is falling, the sky is falling)

steved454

##. get pulled over by the police all the time,but they all know me as the "guy with the ole military truck" and just ask question about it.

##. pick the kids up in the car rider line at school and my daughter tells everyone that it is her truck.( she is 6 and loves it!)

yeh and chicks dig it!!
I really need to get my 37 inch tires on it!

Hal O'Peridol

** Wake up the neighbors at 0500 when I start the O9 to go to work.

** Owning one of two 1009s in a city with a population of 5032. Other is owned by the Police Department.

** Going in to Police Department the day after they fitted 10 grand worth of cop gear to their 1009, and asking if they had changed out the door locks and column lock.

** Showing local PD that yes, every CUCV can be opened by the same key, which is readily available on the internet. 8):lol:

chupa

Had a good one this morning. Sitting in a parking lot idling, minding my own business. When the local "green" guy parks next to me with his electric car, my exhaust by his closed window. You know the car, the sardine can with 2 seats taking up the entire car and has 8 inch tires. I'm kind of watching him in my mirrors and can tell he's getting irritated. He keeps looking at me like I'm doing something wrong. After a couple of minutes he backs out and finds another spot to park. He gets out of his "car" and walks to the building and he keeps looking at me and glaring. Apparently, my green and his "green" must not be quite the same thing.
You should have revved it up.

sierrajcharlie

Thought about it, strongly. But.......... Oh yeah, it was cracking me up but this way he couldn't say I was doing it on purpose. Revving it would of been to obvious...........but oh so much funnier.:D

McCluskey

** Owning one of two 1009s in a city with a population of 5032. Other is owned by the Police Department.

** Going in to Police Department the day after they fitted 10 grand worth of cop gear to their 1009, and asking if they had changed out the door locks and column lock.

** Showing local PD that yes, every CUCV can be opened by the same key, which is readily available on the internet. 8):lol:
I live in a city (which isn't a fair designation in Orange County) of 141,634 and being 1 of 3 known CUCVs in the city. The third is PD owned. I need to cruise by and try the last two.

donalloy1

# # ? Pulling up to Home Depot on weekend for supplies and all Illegals run for hills thinking I am Immigration! Looks like a mass exodus....:grd:

Oldsouthernboy

I like to be able to look in low sitting college girls cars and compare the girls legs to mine, They all ways win but I am not a sore loser, just a admirer. Like the wife says look but DO NOT TOUCH.

UNIMOG-GUY

Its a state law in VA to stop for someone in a cross walk. Well that law seems to apply to everyone but me in the '08. I haven't had one single pedestrian ever walk out in front of me when I'm driving it. However in every other vehicle I own everyone just walks right out like I'm not even there (especially the college kids).

Whit

School drop off variation

Several guys have talked about dropping their kids off at car pool. I have a litte story. So we go into the carpool and the teacher opens the door, my ten year old jumps out, slams the door and thumps his chest with both hands while yelling "Yeah!". The teachers running car pool are somewhat startled, but grin. The point has been made....!!!!

Disciple

I don't have to listen to annoying radio commercials on my way to work anymore.
No chance in h*ll of getting a speeding ticket.
When my neighbors hear me rumble (clatter) home at 0300, half of them curse me under their breath, the other half think "oh good, the weird, military junkie, survivalist, gun nut is home. The neighborhood is safe once again!". (not exaggerating on that one, had a neighbor actually tell me that!)
I'm guaranteed the opportunity to brag about my truck any time I go up to a parts counter or a city desk to pick up supplies.
Only truck in a 30 mile radius that can pull TWO stuck 4x4 civvy trucks out of the snowy ditch at once! (did it last week).

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks