• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just a few reasons it's good to own a CUCV...

NCBloodhound

When I go to tractor supply, the yard guys fight over who gets to load my fence posts instead of hiding when they hear a yard order...

Oh, and on the last trip a guy in the parking lot helped me load my fence wire and strap it down just so we could chat about the truck...

pearc

The turn signals aren't a request or even a suggestion, but rather a warning! I can get new fenders, doors, and bed sides all day long at just about any junk yard! Them bumpers AIN'T plastic!
:driver:HAVE THE SAME FEELING WHEN I DRIVE MY SEMI WHEN THE SIGNAL IS ON THAT MEANS I COMING OVER

ryan77

Because driving your m1009 while wearing shooting glasses and a cigarette in a cigarette holder looking like Hunter s Thompson guarantees no one will mess with you Civilian or Police!!!!!!!!!!:shock:

blazerboy

Mine always fire right up when I need her.Right now it's our only way around,because both of our Honda's is broke down.My wife loves riding in it.[thumbzup]

McCluskey

i managed to get to 90 on level ground once. somewhere in between fresno and sacramento.
Back when mine was stock I broke 100 on the 15S coming out of Vegas, in Rush Hour traffic too. I saw peoples heads turn when the giant Tan monster was out running all of them weaving through traffic. It was even a better sight that I was behind my buddy in his Tan m1009 as well.

JSF01

I've been over 90 before though between the speedometer only showing up to 85 and the needle bouncing around alot I could not tell how much faster

br44

??? Did you drop it out of a cargo plane?
no cargo planes

but after being on the road for 18 hours and drinking at least 3 redlines, i could of swore i was being chased by optimus prime.

i won that race:grd:

(if you dont know what a redline is, google it):drool:

OL AG '89

WOW the calculator on the site says that's almost 3400 RPM..... with stock tires and gears....

I'm thinking you left a lot of the GOOD life of the truck on the road that day, but it yours and that's that!!
I get nervous at 65ish (bouncing speedometer) with the 33's and 3.08's..... (2000 RPM) but that's me......

Sardot1

i managed to get to 90 on level ground once. somewhere in between fresno and sacramento.
The day I picked-up my second one and drove it home I got it up to 93 on GPS, on a straight and level stretch of I-40. I had one wheel a bit out of balance, but it was still accelerating when I had to let off.

Still can't believe how fast this old truck is. Went Topless today, what fun!:D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks