• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just acquired 12 m211's......

Section8

Are those farm implament wheels on the from of that one? They are to wide and the hub is to deep set to be original.
Unless that is one of those riveted hubbed rims flipped then widened.
Sad what happened to those people. I don't know if I could buy the one from the wreck even for parts. Guess I'm just superstitous or what have you.
Excellent score for you!! They are certianly are some nice looking trucks!

M211guy

Are those farm implament wheels on the from of that one? They are to wide and the hub is to deep set to be original.
Unless that is one of those riveted hubbed rims flipped then widened.
Sad what happened to those people. I don't know if I could buy the one from the wreck even for parts. Guess I'm just superstitous or what have you.
Excellent score for you!! They are certianly are some nice looking trucks!
They made the time for the tire. That ran this one for 2 years. As for the wrecked one it was took elsewhere. I don't get that one.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of em have tranny problems. Gonna yank trannys and rebuild right. They all start and run. Then I'm gonna get the breaks back on em! Probably disc.
Before you pull the hydramatics, adjust the front bands. Super easy to do sitting under the truck. Might be all that is wrong.

DeucesWild11

Converted to Propane, Wow just goes to show you the versatility of these vehicles. You have your work cut out for you know! Best of luck with them. I am glad you were there to save them and that they didn't get scrapped!

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
12 G749s Rudolph, Dancer, Vixon.....

Can't imagine having 12 transmissions, still speechless...sort of.

I'm on Chapter 2 of TM 9-8025 301MG and 303M Hydra-Matic Transmission and it's a good read. There's a pile of trani stuff a guy can do to diagnose and repair with the trani in the truck. Parts like cone clutches, pumps and servos might be hard to find......maybe.......??? know anyone that has internal trani parts?

As for the axles, the pictures could make you happy if you like to travel and strip trucks in the bush. I'm sure you could find original parts if you decide to go that way with some of them.

Although an M135, round nose with a 502 cu. in., lockers, line locks and disk brakes would be hard to turn down.

Attachments

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What size tires are on that 4 wheeled one? They look great. How much did they add? Looks like about 4" added to a m135 wheel??? If I were doing to modify a truck, that is what i would lean toward. Thanks for the pic!

Last edited:

Section8

Now seeing all those trucks and donor cabs and parts is just cruel!!
Between you both there is quite the fleet of od iron out there. Awesome to see!
What would be even better is if they were all operational!!

M211guy

Now seeing all those trucks and donor cabs and parts is just cruel!!
Between you both there is quite the fleet of od iron out there. Awesome to see!
What would be even better is if they were all operational!!
They all start. Some go forward and not reverse. Some don't do anything in forward or reverse!!! So we are gonna start going through em!!!

M211guy

Converted to Propane, Wow just goes to show you the versatility of these vehicles. You have your work cut out for you know! Best of luck with them. I am glad you were there to save them and that they didn't get scrapped!
To be honest they did get scrapped..... I own a scrap yard and they called me, so I threw a number out and they said ok..... and now I have 11 of em. Traded one for shipping. 300 mile round trip with 2 semi's hauling 2 at a time and one truck hauling one. So we got 5 out at once. I loet the guy hauling em have first pick!!

hwcurtice

To be honest they did get scrapped..... I own a scrap yard and they called me, so I threw a number out and they said ok..... and now I have 11 of em. Traded one for shipping. 300 mile round trip with 2 semi's hauling 2 at a time and one truck hauling one. So we got 5 out at once. I loet the guy hauling em have first pick!!
Wait... What?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks