• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just arrived from deployment 30 mins ago, going to get my Deuce tonight!

merlot566jka

Well folks, Ive been hunting and planing for a deuce for a while now. I finally found one, and couldnt have timed it better!

We (USS Abraham Lincoln) just arrived inport, Everett WA. I am so excited to be back home and cant wait to get into my house and on the road to Montana to pick up my deuce.

The problem, my roomate was supposed to go with me and drive the rental car back.... but now he cant cause he has duty tomorrow, and I cant drop the rental off in Montana. So I am scrambling to find another warm body with a drivers license and 18 hours free time. I arranged to pick the truck up at 0900 tomorrow, I dont want to back down on my deal as I have been planning this for a while. So what would you do?

Anyways, its good to be back and as soon as I get off this 90,000 ton can of diplomacy I am headed to get my first Deuce!!!

:grin:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shipmate - see if you can put the rental in the back of the deuce.

R/ASCS

:cool:

Sirblissfull

Welcome back.

Congrats on your new vehicle.

I am not able to assist you with the recovery unfortunately, however this bumps your post so that should help.

You should look up storage lots near by the post and tow companies. Have it towed to the storage lot and then make the trip when you have back up.

Cheaper to have it stowed away until you can make the recovery safely then have something go wrong on a 18 hour drive back solo.

joecool509

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for serving. I was on the Stennis for 4 years. Good Luck. That is a long haul in a Duece. Bring Ear Plugs, my buddy used doubles. If you run in to problems near the Tri Cities give me a haller and I will see what kind of help I can provide.

mikey

Can Amtrak get you close enough?

How close are you and the seller from airports? I can catch a $99 flight from NJ to Myrtle Beach, SC on occasion.

91W350

Thanks for your service! I wish I could help, I love recoveries, there is a certain excitement about taking off in the unknown... Glen

Stalwart

Agreed, we took my truck and trailer to recover a Deuce and it was a lot of fun. Trusting a 2008 Diesel pickup vs. an unknown/unproven truck made it relaxing.

1crook

Get a compact and put it in the back of the duece......I hauled my Ford Ranger all the way from AR to AL in the back of a deuce....flat towing another deuce.....deuces are tougher than woodpecker lips.:jumpin:
It is crazy what you can haul in the back of a deuce. I remember when you hauled the Jeep in the back of the Deuce from Papabears before Richard. I was wondering if it was going to fit.

I also seem to remember Westy hauling a Honda Civic in the back of a deuce before as well.

merlot566jka

Rental place was out of all cars, I got a 4x4 4 door chev!

Got a second driver, but have to install his alternator first.

And how do you get a vehicle into a deuce?

Oh geez, I just saw a deuce driving down highway 2!!

AndrewH

Could you get the rental car insured, then you just need a chain and a sawzall. you can "Tow" the rental home! LOL No, You could just find a loading dock and drive the car in. Lots of places have them and they are usually interested to see what kind of cracked nut you are when you ask to borrow a loading ramp!

srodocker

welcome back merlot saw the footage of you guys docking on tv today! if you gave me some more notice i can go on weekends! sooo when do you want to do a convoy? hehehe.

if you havent seen you WA guys i have the PNW/Convoy link in my signature

merlot566jka

Murphys law I tell ya.

Alt died, replaced it, batt and belt. All this to get him to come with me. Go to start it, and the newb locked the keys on the car. Awesome. Waiting for a locksmith. Then on the road at 2400.

Sawzall the rental!? Brilliant!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks