• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just boguht my first deuce, what can you tell me about it?

Got it home perfectly save, almost 80 mile trip i kept it at 50mph the whole time. A few things i did notice

oil pressure gauge was at 60psi for the first 30 min or so then vrried from 30-40 at highways speeds, i assumed it was from engine oil heating up since its a large volume.

When i change the oil, can i just use Rotella 15w40?

The temperature was at about 178 the whole way, these trucks drive pretty nice asside from being such a cramped cab. the lack of power steering really wasnt even that noticeable.

This engine is incredibly powerful, at 50mph, the turbo doesnt even spool, and it accelerates o well. Im very impressed.

charlietango

having a whistler, when I use it for my errand's going to suppliers etc i love the looks on peoples faces when they open the doors of their shops expecting a 737 landing on their back lot to see a very stout army truck staring back at them. "holy crap I thought a jet was landing!" i hear that one all the time....

i dont believe mine is a whistler on the lds 465 1a i have. its a good whistle, you can definitely hear it but i wouldnt say its that loud. i do have a clamp between the compressor and turbine of my exhaust but i dont know that that makes its a whistler for sure

I did drive it home 80 miles without a tag, i have full overage on it though, i was suluted by an officer on RT301 running radar, and i had a dozen or so people pull up next to it in with their window down in the rain to give me the thumbs up. its definitely an eye catcher.

I need to pull the rear wheel and check out the seal, it seems to have pushed the grease out inside of the rim although i dont think its ALL of it as i would imagine theres alot of grease inside of there. Im going to be pulling all of my vents, connecting them all and running them all to a fueal filter up on the firewall.

I would say mine sounds like this one but my turbo doesnt make as muh noise at idle, as far as spooling and winding down though it sounds pretty much the same

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8pth9G0UT4&feature=related[/media]

No, the owner i got it from didnt do anything but fluids, and before him he only put a radiator in it, it looks like whatever turbo came with it from the 88 rebuild. ill try to snap a pic of it

How can i find out when my engine was rebuilt? At how many hours or how many miles? Like is there a site where i can plug in the serial number on the tag or the vin of the truck to find any info on it?