• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought a 2W,M116A2 generator trailer

harleyhouse

The surge lunette is on it's way to Alaska.
Here is the new hitch system. The surge lunette weighed 50 pounds.
The tongue seems so light now. With the channel I can use a lunette or 2" ball mount.

I used the original landing leg but cut 3" off the back of the V mount behind the mounting bolts.

Attachments

harleyhouse

More work on the trailer.
I stripped off every un used item from the trailer including bolts and screws.
Brakes are off and sold, new coupler mount added, new tires and wheels are on the way

Metal prep to follow then paint.
It is lighter now and will make a great addition to my motor pool.

Thank you to all SS members that purhased parts from me.

Attachments

harleyhouse

More workon the trailer between all the rain we have been having.
still need to finish the wire brushing of the rust and loose paint.
I removed the fenders for better painting and I will be trying a red urban camo patern
on the two fenders. Red, White, Grey and Black.

Many new items from the Bay of E Wheels, taillights, mud flaps, rear receiver, safety cables, center caps and a croft lunette.

I sand blasted the tie down rings and they look like new.

Attachments

harleyhouse

More work on the trailer frame between the hot humid days of june.
The frame was wire brushed and primed with grey spot primer. Anything loose or rusty was worked out. I bought a gallon of ACE gloss black oil base paint and used my $15.00 HF HVLP
gun to spray it. 4 coats later and the frame looks close to new.

Attachments

harleyhouse

Sanded the fenders and spot primed any rusty areas. I wanted to try a urban camo paint scheme being that it is military, and red and black are my trucks colors. I went with a base red with black, grey. and white camo patern cut from magnet sheet.

It took a few hours to get it to this point but it turned out ok for my first attempt.
I cut and bent a piece of 1/8" diamond plate to fill in the tongue area and give me a place for my cooler.

Here is todays results.

Attachments

Last edited:

koolex11

Wow Mark! I haven't been on in a while so I decided to look you up. I had a feeling you would be doing something interesting! I love the plate in the front. Keep up the good work!

harleyhouse

I got a little gas today.
I won a Blitz Jerry can off ebay
It is a 2 1/2 Gallon version and is clean inside and out.

I had a Jerry can holder left over from the trailer so I sand blasted them both and
had a shot of primer applied on each.

The holder will be black and the can red.
They will be mounted in front of the fender on the left side.
It fits perfect between the fender edge and amber reflector.

Attachments

harleyhouse

Deck down and painted, mud flaps mounted to keep the slop off people behind me.
New Bull Dog 2" adjustible coupler, Wires Lights and ready to go.

I plan on tandem towing this one behind my 101A2 at this years Christmas Parade in my town.

Attachments

harleyhouse

We needed a sponcer to win the $200.00 prize for best float
and went with Operation Christmas Child The float will be the truck pulling the M101A2 filled with boxes and the 116A2 will have a crate with reindeer. Lots of lights and reflective signs are being made. I will post pictures when I get them The parade is November 17th " every year it is sooner"

Samaritan's Purse | Operation Christmas Child

WE do several shoeboxes each year and the girls thought it would be a good cause to donate to if we win the prize. Samaritan;s Purse sent me 500 pamphlets to hand out too.

harleyhouse

We hooked up with Operation Christmas Child and asked if we could use their logo on the truck and distribute flyers to people along the route. We distributed 500 flyers and could have passed out 500 more.

Decorated the M101A2 and M116A2 trailers as a delivery service theme.
Boxes loaded with toys and gifts destined to Santa Claus and a new Reindeer for his team.
We had a blast and the trailers followed along just fine.

My M101A2 has a 2" receiver on the rear with safety chain loops and is wired for a 7 blade round plug.
The trailers pulled great together.​

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks