• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just bought a deuce!!

cgah04

I'm having the hardest time insuring this thing. State farm wont touch it. Hagerty said no usaa said no. Waiting on a call back from liberty mutual and all State

Preacherboy

cgah04, unsure about the turning with those tires and wheels, as I do not have my truck yet (still waiting on EUC)...but I have seen other guys with them and some seem to say there is an issue with rubbing others do not mention it.

Others have asked about the backspacing, I have seen how that is done. It is the same wheel, just turned around. The front adapter plate is on the backside of the wheel and the back axles the adapter plate is slipped on the front and then the wheel is mounted backwards (the hemtt wheel studs are on the back).

Personally, I am flipping the hubs as I think it looks better, but it is less work to do it the other way.

$4000 is a lot of money for tires and wheels, I have under $2000 invested in mine; but it helps to buy locally, save on shipping!

cgah04

waiting on a call back from state farm but it looks like they will do it for me.. ill keep you guys posted.. i agree 4000 is alot for tires but my main reason for buying this is to drive it on the beach and those other tires wont cut it

nnero

We got our insurance through progessive, but it is a commercial policy. Our biggest problem was the duece wasnt in any vehicle category on their computer. We also registered it for 18,000 pounds since we usually carry around 2 tons in the bed. Registering it here in NY wasnt an issue but the seller provided us with a form (cant remember what it was called) for vehicles that never had a title.